Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 8:16 pm
That’s not much. But I’ll take it over Zimmer’s one hour albums (love the man, hate that philosophy).

M:I7 got a 2 hour album when the film is 2h43mins long!
Where’d you hear that? I haven’t seen a single thing about the MI7 soundtrack release other than that it’s on the 12th when the movie officially releases

I should also say that I’ve already seen MI7 and the score was not nearly as good as the Fallout score, like not even remotely close…

KEM wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 8:25 pm
Where’d you hear that? I haven’t seen a single thing about the MI7 soundtrack release other than that it’s on the 12th when the movie officially releases

I should also say that I’ve already seen MI7 and the score was not nearly as good as the Fallout score, like not even remotely close…
It comes out at midnight according to your time zone so it’s out for me. Didn’t listen to it yet.

I agree. It was underwhelming to say the least. The music was so forgettable compared to how great Fallout was. There was one moment where things got really interesting. But even then it wasn’t as intense as it could’ve been.

There were lots of pauses. No interesting new themes. No interesting sounds. Heck, Dead Reckoning would’ve benefited from a sound design / electronic score given the subject matter more than Fallout did.

I’ll listen to the album before seeing the film again. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 8:41 pm
KEM wrote:

It comes out at midnight according to your time zone so it’s out for me. Didn’t listen to it yet.

I agree. It was underwhelming to say the least. The music was so forgettable compared to how great Fallout was. There was one moment where things got really interesting. But even then it wasn’t as intense as it could’ve been.

There were lots of pauses. No interesting new themes. No interesting sounds. Heck, Dead Reckoning would’ve benefited from a sound design / electronic score given the subject matter more than Fallout did.

The score wasn't as instantly memorable as Fallout, but there's a whole new suite around Grace which becomes one of the dominant musical themes of the movie. It's great.

-Vader

I’ll never forgive Zimmer for not including No Time For Caution on the Interstellar CD.
Like what the fuck was that dude. He eventually released it digitally because the whole world bitched about it as they should.

DylanHoang wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 7:49 pm
slight glimpse of the music here I suppose. Honestly some of it reminded me of "Time"

Wow, that is beautifully haunting... can't wait to hear it in full!

Vader182 wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 8:43 pm
The score wasn't as instantly memorable as Fallout, but there's a whole new suite around Grace which becomes one of the dominant musical themes of the movie. It's great.

-Vader
I do remember liking some of the emotional themes in the third act. Listening to the album as I write.
I think the theme you're talking about is in "Chasing Grace" & "Ponte Dei Conzafelzi".
Found my favorite track: "I Was Hoping It'd Be You".

BobCobb wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 9:04 pm
I’ll never forgive Zimmer for not including No Time For Caution on the Interstellar CD.
Like what the fuck was that dude. He eventually released it digitally because the whole world bitched about it as they should.
It was added to the Illuminated Star Projection set at least :lol:
Funny, he just talked about it in a recent video.

Hate to double post but this might be from the score as well.

Can't stop playing that 15 second clip! We truly needed a single for this.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 10:38 pm

i feel thats the biggest failure form the marketing side, its a CRIME that we didnt get a single track out of this, probably the most anticipated soundtrack of the year.

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 8:41 pm
KEM wrote:

Your assumption was the exact same as mine, given the subject matter I thought they would’ve leaned heavily into the electronics and gave us a bonkers cyber-esque version of the Fallout score, but instead it’s almost all woodwinds and strings…

Nicolaslabra wrote:
July 12th, 2023, 12:00 am
Tarssauce wrote:
July 11th, 2023, 10:38 pm

i feel thats the biggest failure form the marketing side, its a CRIME that we didnt get a single track out of this, probably the most anticipated soundtrack of the year.
I think Nolan wants us to experience it firsthand when watching the movie.

I made the mistake of listening to the Dune soundtrack before watching the movie and it was really distracting cuz I knew the story beats.

**and i just wanna say, i think lorne balfe is the poor man’s Steve Jablonsky🤷‍♂️**