Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

321Music wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 7:51 am

"We fight like cats and dogs but in the best, the most productive way. We love each other, with everything that comes with that. We fight like brothers at times and we love like brothers.
It’s an extraordinary partnership and a wonderful creative collaboration, but we do things and dive into things fully. And when you do that, passions run high. Always with great respect for each other and great love for each other, but we do challenge each other, and we do fight about things. But I think in the best way possible."

- Christopher Nolan on Hans Zimmer.
Nolan/Zimmer best duo in cinema history

KEM
This is better than anything Hans or anyone else has ever written

Ludwig is an ant compared to Zimmer, and none of his scores would crack Zimmer's top 20. This thread is ridiculous. Tenet's biggest weakness was the utter unmemorableness of the score; absolutely nothing majestic like No Time for Caution from Interstellar. This is like comparing Rachel Morrison to Gordon Willis. :lol:

KEM wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 4:13 pm
This is better than anything Hans or anyone else has ever written

No. But its an amazing piece of art. Love this OST.

dvir971 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 11:06 am
Nolan/Zimmer best duo in cinema history
100%

Tourmie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 4:33 pm
Ludwig is an ant compared to Zimmer, and none of his scores would crack Zimmer's top 20. This thread is ridiculous. Tenet's biggest weakness was the utter unmemorableness of the score; absolutely nothing majestic like No Time for Caution from Interstellar. This is like comparing Rachel Morrison to Gordon Willis. :lol:
Hahahaha true 😂

Man this one went low so fast.

KEM is a Ludwig fanboy so the discussion will go nowhere but throwing insults at composers is just not it.

Put me in camp Zimmer by a wide margin...

Tarssauce wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 5:08 pm
Man this one went low so fast.

KEM is a Ludwig fanboy so the discussion will go nowhere but throwing insults at composers is just not it.
You're right it shouldn't be this way & I don't even like going there because I am in fact a huge Ludwig fan but seeing the Zimmer slander ticked me off which is why I set things straight. I don't mean any negativity towards Ludwig.

Ludwig's work on Tenet was absolutely fantastic.

But I have friends who never listens to film music and aren't particularly interested in movies beyond a general sense, who knows and loves Time. Zimmer has created some of the most iconic soundtracks of the century in his collaborations with Nolan, and I would want him to return any day of the week.

It's probably my favorite partnership in Hollywood, next to long-time collaborations like Coens/Deakins and Spielberg/Hanks.