Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace

OVER THREE HOURS OF SPECIAL FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM AND DVD
THE STORY OF OUR TIME: THE MAKING OF OPPENHEIMER*

-HOW I AM BECOME DEATH - The cast, crew and producers join Christopher Nolan in sharing the personal stories that made them passionate about the project's ambitious design for bridging multiple genres.

-THE LUMINARIES - OPPENHEIMER's all-star cast discusses how they synthesize the script's dramatic narrative with the real lives of historical figures to embody their complex characters.

-THE MANHATTAN PROJECT - To visualize Oppenheimer's ability to see different dimensions and to recreate the historic Trinity test, filmmakers developed unique techniques to craft stunning effects without using CGI.

-THE DEVIL OF DETAILS - A look at how production designer Ruth De Jong and team recreated the entire town of Los Alamos with period-accurate props, spectacular sets and painstaking attention to authenticity.

-WALKING A MILE - Costume and makeup craftspeople populate OPPENHEIMER's immersive environments with iconic figures by utilizing thousands of pieces of clothing and cutting-edge prosthetic applications.

-CAN YOU HEAR MUSIC? - Working closely with Christopher Nolan, Ludwig Göransson composes a deeply personal, historically expansive score ranging from the organic to the alien to accompany the visual landscape.

-WE CAN PEFORM THIS MIRACLE - Christopher Nolan's closest collaborators demonstrate how his artistic vision creates camaraderie that drives his talented crew to continue breaking new ground in filmmaking.

TRAILERS

INNOVATIONS IN FILM: 65MM BLACK-AND-WHITE FILM IN OPPENHEIMER - FotoKem opens the door to its film labs, where new technologies are invented for using color and black & white 65mm film to visualize OPPENHEIMER's dual timelines while pushing the format further forward.

MEET THE PRESS Q&A PANEL: OPPENHEIMER - Chuck Todd moderates a conversation where Christopher Nolan, author Kai Bird, and physicists Dr. Kip Thorne, Dr. Thom Mason and Dr. Carlo Rovelli reflect on the fascinating science and doomsday concerns OPPENHEIMER illustrates onscreen.

TO END ALL WAR: OPPENHEIMER & THE ATOMIC BOMB - Explore how one man's relentless drive and invention of the atomic bomb changed the nature of war forever, led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and unleashed mass hysteria.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION 4K UHD:

Street Date: November 21, 2023

UPC Number: 191329253120 (US) / 191329253144 (CDN)

Layers: BD 100

Aspect Ratio: Mixed 2.20 and 1.78

Rating: R for some sexuality, nudity and language

Languages/Subtitles: English, French Canadian and Latin American Spanish

Sound: English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), French Canadian (DTS Digital Surround 5.1), Latin American Spanish (DTS Digital Surround 5.1)

Film Run Time: 3 hours

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAYTM:

UPC Number: 191329253045 (US) / 191329253052 (CDN)

Layers: BD 50

Aspect Ratio: Mixed 2.20 and 1.78

Languages/Subtitles: English, French Canadian and Latin American Spanish

Sound: English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), French Canadian (DTS Digital Surround 5.1), Latin American Spanish (DTS Digital Surround 5.1)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:

UPC Number: 191329253113 (US) / 191329252864 (CDN)

Layers: DVD 9

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.20:1

Languages/Subtitles: English, Complex Mandarin, Korean and Latin American Spanish

Sound: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Feature), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Feature)

I’m excited to have this, but I’m also deeply disappointed it’s packed with special features of stuff that’s already out there. :( I miss the days when DVDs were full of all kinds of stuff.

Was hoping for an IMAX film cell like Interstellar had, oh well. Can't wait!

MMatt wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 7:35 pm
Was hoping for an IMAX film cell like Interstellar had, oh well. Can't wait!
i was hoping for that with Dunkirk but alas, they didnt do it, guess it was kinda a pain in the arse.

u2aerofan wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 6:29 pm
I’m excited to have this, but I’m also deeply disappointed it’s packed with special features of stuff that’s already out there. :( I miss the days when DVDs were full of all kinds of stuff.

Yeah. The Q&A and the Oppie doc are available online. Thats like 2 hours of the special features which leaves us with like less than one hour of featurettes about the actual making
Of the
Movie sadly. :( Nolan always has lackluster special features on his dvd/blurays.

BobCobb wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 11:23 pm
u2aerofan wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 6:29 pm

Yeah. The Q&A and the Oppie doc are available online. Thats like 2 hours of the special features which leaves us with like less than one hour of featurettes about the actual making
Of the
Movie sadly. :( Nolan always has lackluster special features on his dvd/blurays.
woah for real ? that would make the shortest actual special (the making of) features for one of his films in a long while, i really hope thats not it : c

Steelbook editions:

Last edited by Collector03601 on October 19th, 2023, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The main behind the scenes footage is at least 70 minutes long, sounds good to me.

This includes the global debut of “The Story of Our Time: The Making of Oppenheimer,” a 70+ minute immersive piece showcasing exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and extensive interviews with Nolan and his creative collaborators, with a deep dive inside the process, performances, effects, music and artistry in the pic.
https://deadline.com/2023/10/oppenheime ... 235575533/

Innovator wrote:
October 18th, 2023, 8:48 am
The main behind the scenes footage is at least 70 minutes long, sounds good to me.

This includes the global debut of “The Story of Our Time: The Making of Oppenheimer,” a 70+ minute immersive piece showcasing exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and extensive interviews with Nolan and his creative collaborators, with a deep dive inside the process, performances, effects, music and artistry in the pic.
thats a bit shorter than Tenet but a lot shorter than Dunkirk wich is the best one imo, i know Chris likes being a bit secretive about his set, he`s been on record as saying he likes it that way, i just dream of having special features like Fincher`s films, the social network and girl with the dragon tattoo`s special features are jus the best i`ve ever seen, super detailed, a ton of pure on set footage with audio, hell in the social network one you get to see David and Aron Sorkin having a keen discussion about a part of the script, that shit is gold, i very much enjoy watching making of`s and i hope they start making them more elaborate in the future, specially with the rise of AI content, maybe people will be more interested in watching how it is done old school style, but who knows.

Innovator wrote:
October 18th, 2023, 8:48 am

That's more like it