Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Does anyone know the situation regarding the VFX artists who went uncredited ? the news has been making the rounds on the internet, mostly in the form of click bait blaming Chris for them not being credited :?:

Cilogy wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 12:13 pm
Problem is I look at Nolan films more critically than others the first time. Definitely need to rewatch in actual 70mm IMAX with a more relaxed mind and I can probably see what y'all are talking about.
I feel you. The first watch I was taking it all in and adjusting to the structure and rhythm, and the second time I saw it, I was able to hone in more on all the stuff I missed.

I was worried it wouldn't reward re-watches with how long it is and how dense it is, but I was deeply incorrect.

Bacon wrote:
July 26th, 2023, 2:20 pm
Cilogy wrote:
July 24th, 2023, 12:13 pm
Problem is I look at Nolan films more critically than others the first time. Definitely need to rewatch in actual 70mm IMAX with a more relaxed mind and I can probably see what y'all are talking about.
I feel you. The first watch I was taking it all in and adjusting to the structure and rhythm, and the second time I saw it, I was able to hone in more on all the stuff I missed.

I was worried it wouldn't reward re-watches with how long it is and how dense it is, but I was deeply incorrect.
I never worry about rewatches with Nolan. I've done one for every one of his movies since Inception and never get bored. It's just as exciting the second time. I haven't seen this one a second time but I know I'm probably going to enjoy just as much as the first.

666kalpa wrote:
July 27th, 2023, 9:46 am
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-f ... sSLgxKTDQQ

thoughts on this?
"Christopher Nolan’s bio-pic is so intent on being a morality tale that it misses its protagonist’s complexity"

That's an odd criticism, considering the complex picture Nolan paints of Oppenheimer is perhaps one of the film's greatest strengths.