Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
666kalpa wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 2:55 pm
Bad news from India...

Warner Bros distributes for Universal in India and
The intimate scenes between Oppie and Tatlock are already edited here. They covered Pugh's breasts with a black cloth by editing for the sake of a U/A rating (equivalent to PG-13). Thats all good and fine.

Now the problem that have emerged is the reference and physical proximity to Bhagwad Gita (a holy book) while in the act which might create problems when fundamentalist groups become aware of it.

Then Universal/warner bros will have no other option but to chop out that scene 2-3days later.

similar instances have happened before with Indian films like Delhi Belly and more

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indiashort ... fc/134706/

pardon my bad english
I think it is the same version of edit with the version here in Indonesia, black cloth, added wall to cover, zooming to Pugh face. So Universal already prepared a PG-13 version for conservative countries like India and Indonesia I think

I'm still recovering from the ending.

Nolan brings the movie to an end with a sledgehammer.

Bold way to end you movie. Everyone in the audience was dead silent.

KEM
MyCocaine wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 3:19 pm
I'm still recovering from the ending.

Nolan brings the movie to an end with a sledgehammer.

Bold way to end you movie. Everyone in the audience was dead silent.
I was absolutely floored by that ending, that was probably my favorite ending sequence Nolan has done since The Dark Knight. I literally just sat in the theater with a blank stare, completely silent and motionless

Definitely one of my favorite endings. The way it changes your perspective and bring the film to a full circle. I teared up watching it for the first time.

I have a question.
How's handled scientific theory in this movie? Is it important part or just background?

Background. It's not focused on the actual science as you'd expect from a Nolan film. If anything I kind of wish it had more science.

What about an approach Nolan did for Oppenheimer hearings?
I'm a little worried, that's a bit one sided that it was wrong (which probably was, but from today perspective).
How was it, guys?

The making of book is now available in eBook form, despite physical edition delayed until October https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unleashing-Opp ... C76&sr=8-1

Surprisingly in depth account of the whole production. Though do feel (though I think slightly unsurprising - I do get that this is a sensitive topic industry wise) it is odd the whole thing with the various presentation formats of the film - especially the effort to do film prints, film vs. digital projection etc - is never covered in any of these.

Apparently this is decent.

About to see it in LieMAX.

Will let y'all know if it's any good.

666kalpa wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 2:55 pm
Bad news from India...

Warner Bros distributes for Universal in India and
The intimate scenes between Oppie and Tatlock are already edited here. They covered Pugh's breasts with a black cloth by editing for the sake of a U/A rating (equivalent to PG-13). Thats all good and fine.

Now the problem that have emerged is the reference and physical proximity to Bhagwad Gita (a holy book) while in the act which might create problems when fundamentalist groups become aware of it.

Then Universal/warner bros will have no other option but to chop out that scene 2-3days later.

similar instances have happened before with Indian films like Delhi Belly and more

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indiashort ... fc/134706/

pardon my bad english
You speak better English than most Americans, my friend.