Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
He already made his Bond movie with Tenet, and that's enough for me.

But I do wonder if he'll keep the pattern going and do another sci-fi next. I kind of hope not... I'd like him to do a straight horror already since several of his films have had horror elements (including Oppenheimer).

Janky Sam wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 12:53 am
He already made his Bond movie with Tenet, and that's enough for me.

But I do wonder if he'll keep the pattern going and do another sci-fi next. I kind of hope not... I'd like him to do a straight horror already since several of his films have had horror elements (including Oppenheimer).
I hope he breaks the pattern as well. It's been Sci-Fi, WW2, Sci-Fi, WW2 for his last 4 movies. Let's shake it up with something different next time.

Not sure where to ask this, but I’ll try here:

Did anyone get the film strip from 70mm IMAX screenings they are giving away?

I collect these kind of items and I would love to collect all three, but no chance from where Im located. Thank you

MOVIELORD101 wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 7:15 pm
I only have ONE question:
How is the Trinity bomb detonation portrayed and shown? NOBODY seems to be talking about that!
the build up is very hype. the detonation itself is just how you expect it to be though lol. but they dedicated many shots to it.
i kinda like how there is a long moment of absolute silence after it exploded followed by a loud and very delayed explosion sound

I loved the film's pacing. Very Nolan-esque in a film that is largely a new step for him. Those three hours really flew by. I can't wait to see it again!

Bale Fan wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 5:34 am
MOVIELORD101 wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 7:15 pm
I only have ONE question:
How is the Trinity bomb detonation portrayed and shown? NOBODY seems to be talking about that!
the build up is very hype. the detonation itself is just how you expect it to be though lol. but they dedicated many shots to it.
i kinda like how there is a long moment of absolute silence after it exploded followed by a loud and very delayed explosion sound
I heard that
the bomb sequence is 4-5 minutes long, is that true?

Well a friend of mine who hasn't enjoyed a single Christopher Nolan film up to now just came back from Oppenheimer saying they really liked it. I think that counts as a success, haha.

The User Score in Metacritic is insane (9.3).

natalie wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 2:32 pm
The User Score in Metacritic is insane (9.3).
Not only that, but imdb score is 9/10 after 37,000 ratings.
Not that its the end-all-be-all rating but it suggests this movie may have strong legs in the coming weeks.

Bad news from India...

Warner Bros distributes for Universal in India and
The intimate scenes between Oppie and Tatlock are already edited here. They covered Pugh's breasts with a black cloth by editing for the sake of a U/A rating (equivalent to PG-13). Thats all good and fine.

Now the problem that have emerged is the reference and physical proximity to Bhagwad Gita (a holy book) while in the act which might create problems when fundamentalist groups become aware of it.

Then Universal/warner bros will have no other option but to chop out that scene 2-3days later.

similar instances have happened before with Indian films like Delhi Belly and more

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indiashort ... fc/134706/

pardon my bad english