Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Devosh77 wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 7:12 am
666kalpa wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 6:57 am
I dont know if i am allowed to say this. But A twitter account named best of emily blunt @badpostblunt posted something 9hrs ago. Its spoiler-y so do not check those who dont want to. No compulsion. For those who can handle the truth, I just wanted to ask.. where did they get it?
I think it was from a promo shown in that interview with joe.
oh okay

Well, I was a dweeb, fell for temptation, and got the whole damn ending spoiled for me. I ain't going to talk about it, but just do yourselves a favor and don't let that happen to you (although y'all are probably far more experienced and adept at avoiding spoilers than a forum newcomer like me, so this PSA is probably irrelevant, but just in case).

physicshistoryguy wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 9:49 am
Well, I was a dweeb, fell for temptation, and got the whole damn ending spoiled for me. I ain't going to talk about it, but just do yourselves a favor and don't let that happen to you (although y'all are probably far more experienced and adept at avoiding spoilers than a forum newcomer like me, so this PSA is probably irrelevant, but just in case).
Soo, which is the post/video we should really stay away from?

Crysist wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 10:00 am
physicshistoryguy wrote:
I'm hesitant to give details because, firstly, it is very easy to avoid and it very obviously gives massive spoilers but only if you deliberately choose to engage with it, and secondly, nobody on this forum would be so careless as to post it. This is more a warning against going through with temptation, rather than a warning not to engage with, say, promotional material and cast interviews and such, that's all.

physicshistoryguy wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 10:23 am
Crysist wrote:
physicshistoryguy wrote:
I'm hesitant to give details because, firstly, it is very easy to avoid and it very obviously gives massive spoilers but only if you deliberately choose to engage with it, and secondly, nobody on this forum would be so careless as to post it. This is more a warning against going through with temptation, rather than a warning not to engage with, say, promotional material and cast interviews and such, that's all.
Well I hope it was nothing I saw... The only near spoil-y things I read were your breakdown of the opening look, but then there was this one tagged thing which I absentmindedly saw just one word of and then noticed someone reply that they wish they hadn't looked. Not sure if it's related to what you're talking about. Hmmm.

Cause quoting will reveal the text in the message body, I gotta be a bit more careful with that.

Not posting details might be a genius scheme, if all of us don't know what to avoid for the biggest spoilers, we'll just avoid everything (admittedly unlikely lmao) and hopefully not get any more details spoiled for us!

Crysist wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:00 am
physicshistoryguy wrote:
Crysist wrote:

Well I hope it was nothing I saw... The only near spoil-y things I read were your breakdown of the opening look, but then there was this one tagged thing which I absentmindedly saw just one word of and then noticed someone reply that they wish they hadn't looked. Not sure if it's related to what you're talking about. Hmmm.

Cause quoting will reveal the text in the message body, I gotta be a bit more careful with that.

Not posting details might be a genius scheme, if all of us don't know what to avoid for the biggest spoilers, we'll just avoid everything (admittedly unlikely lmao) and hopefully not get any more details spoiled for us!
I guarantee you didn't see it then, as it was a fully detailed description of the ending of the film; nothing I've posted here (which has entirely been historical inference and educated guesses) or that anyone has posted here came close to that level of spoilers. I don't think you have to be paranoid about avoiding everything - although that might be for the best anyways - but I just wanted to make clear that people should at least be careful.

physicshistoryguy wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 12:05 pm
Crysist wrote:
physicshistoryguy wrote:

I guarantee you didn't see it then, as it was a fully detailed description of the ending of the film; nothing I've posted here (which has entirely been historical inference and educated guesses) or that anyone has posted here came close to that level of spoilers. I don't think you have to be paranoid about avoiding everything - although that might be for the best anyways - but I just wanted to make clear that people should at least be careful.
OK, good to know! Yeah I haven't seen anything spoiling what the ending of the film was so I must be in the clear there.

Apologies that you were apparently spoiled :(

Crysist wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 12:27 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 12:05 pm
Crysist wrote:

OK, good to know! Yeah I haven't seen anything spoiling what the ending of the film was so I must be in the clear there.

Apologies that you were apparently spoiled :(
Yeah, it's not ideal, but it is what it is.

natalie wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 6:21 am
Derek's not anything major film wise recently, he did I Know This Much is True but film wise nothing since The Light Between Oceans and that didn't get much attention. Would be great if he came back with something like Place Beyond the Pines or Blue Valentine.