Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Collins wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 3:02 pm
The film's international distribution looks very poor. I live in a medium-sized town in France (population 300,000) and this is the 1st time in my life that none of the 2 big cinemas in the town are showing a Nolan film. I've spoken to a few foreigners (in Brazil in particular) and it's the same problem there. The film is shown in small cinemas at limited times.
Nobody here cares about your negative spins on everything related to this film.

We heard you loud and clear the first hundred times. Change your gears.

MyCocaine wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 3:10 pm
Collins wrote:
The film's international distribution looks very poor. I live in a medium-sized town in France (population 300,000) and this is the 1st time in my life that none of the 2 big cinemas in the town are showing a Nolan film. I've spoken to a few foreigners (in Brazil in particular) and it's the same problem there. The film is shown in small cinemas at limited times.
Nobody here cares about your negative spins on everything related to this film.

We heard you loud and clear the first hundred times. Change your gears.
Wtf ?

Collins wrote:
That is disappointing. How many screens do they?

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 5:27 pm
Collins wrote:
That is disappointing. How many screens do they?
Around twenty screens for each of the 2. I'll be able to see the film but in smaller cinemas in the city. I hope the situation isn't the same throughout France because it's a country where Nolan's films have always done well.

Interestingly same in Slovenia actually in both largest multiplexes in capital. In one multiplex, Barbie has three showings a day (16:00, 18:15 and 19:30) in the two of the largest halls with the largest screens and Dolby Atmos, while Oppenheimer only has two screenings a day (17:30 and 20:00) in third and fourth largest halls, that don't support Dolby Atmos. Needless to say, most tickets for next week are already gone, but it's also the same for Barbie. :roll:

Furthermore, if you buy tickets for both and watch both movies in the same week, you are eligible for a special Barbieheimer shirt. :think:

And in the second is like this: :roll:

Where I live (Madeira, Portugal), 'Oppenheimer' has three showings and 'Barbie' has four. Looks normal to me.

Smilion wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 5:44 pm
Interestingly same in Slovenia actually in both largest multiplexes in capital. In one multiplex, Barbie has three showings a day (16:00, 18:15 and 19:30) in the two of the largest halls with the largest screens and Dolby Atmos, while Oppenheimer only has two screenings a day (17:30 and 20:00) in third and fourth largest halls, that don't support Dolby Atmos. Needless to say, most tickets for next week are already gone, but it's also the same for Barbie. :roll:

Furthermore, if you buy tickets for both and watch both movies in the same week, you are eligible for a special Barbieheimer shirt. :think:

And in the second is like this: :roll:
This is where I think Warner Brothers will have a hard time getting Nolan back. They claim they want him back. Those are public quotes. Yet they continued down the path of releasing Barbie the same weekend, stealing a lot of screens from Nolan's movie and damaging its ability to reach full potential. My local theater has Oppenheimer on 1 good screen and 2 small screens. It is playing less than 10 times per day, while Barbie is playing 30 times per day with almost all of the large screens for Barbie.

In New Zealand it is the same. Every cinema has only 2 shows per day of Oppenheimer and Barbie with 15-20 showings per day. On the plus side the IMAX screenings are booked out for the first 3 days, unless you want to sit at the front side (worst seats)

Oppenheimer category on Jeopardy tonight. Answers were provided by Blunt and Damon.