Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
User of Interest wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 3:35 pm
I stopped watching at one point. It's an amazing conversation but full of spoilers :(

El Especial wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 4:09 pm
It’s a shame he won’t make a TikTok because that TikTok he did at the CityWalk IMAX was the best TikTok I’ve ever seen. I completely understand never joining TikTok though.

natalie wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 4:34 pm
User of Interest wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 3:35 pm
I stopped watching at one point. It's an amazing conversation but full of spoilers :(
Thanks for the heads up

Devosh77 wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 8:27 am
Nolan's interview in Vulture (Bilge Ebiri). https://www.vulture.com/article/oppenhe ... cenes.html
Pleasantly surprised my speculation was somehow right for once!
"The film’s framing device interweaves Oppenheimer’s 1954 security-clearance hearing and Strauss’s 1959 Senate confirmation hearing to become Eisenhower’s secretary of Commerce — two mid-century American political battles that were huge news stories at the time."
Also, I really should stop being surprised when I find out Nolan's found the time to cram in tiny details like
what to do about Kyoto,
but it keeps feeling remarkable, and I'm really intrigued to see how it all plays out.

Warner Bros India is organizing a Nolan Film Festival ahead of Oppenheimer release. So they dont want to promote Barbie maybe 😂😂😂😂

I am watching The Dark Knight tomorrow and TDKR the day after leading up to Oppenheimer

The latest issue of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists is focused on Oppenheimer. I haven't read the articles yet, among which is an interview with Nolan, so possibly beware of spoilers: https://thebulletin.org/magazine/2023-07/.

Devosh77 wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 12:40 pm
Great video; as a side note, his blog is fantastic if you're interested in all things nuclear and he's very active on the AskHistorians subreddit (I wouldn't be surprised if he holds an AMA after Oppenheimer comes out).

The film's international distribution looks very poor. I live in a medium-sized town in France (population 300,000) and this is the 1st time in my life that none of the 2 big cinemas in the town are showing a Nolan film. I've spoken to a few foreigners (in Brazil in particular) and it's the same problem there. The film is shown in small cinemas at limited times.