Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Same here. There's four reasons:

1. I'd want to get the longer film out of the way.
2. If I'm not in the mood for Barbie on the same day I'll be okay not watching, whether or not I've bought tickets already.
3. I have a feeling that tonally, Barbie is gonna be the right pickup.
4. Being more interested in Oppenheimer I'd want to not delay it even by a couple of hours.

If Oppenheimer is shit, then you can still wash it down with some upbeat Barbie, so it makes sense, I think!

I just know that, if I watch Oppenheimer first, I'll be so distracted by what I thought of it and my wanting to rewatch it and dissect it and so on that I wouldn't be able to fully pay attention to Barbie. Besides, when I've been anticipating this film for over a year and a half, what's another few hours in that timescale?

Actually, I'd go see Barbie then Oppenheimer if I'm doing a double bill. I like to get my appetizers first then enjoy the main course.

But I'm gonna do an Oppenheimer / Barbie / Oppenheimer sandwich because I'm insane so it doesn't matter.

KEM
I probably won’t see Barbie at all, at least not for awhile anyways. I’m already seeing Oppenheimer 8 days in a row, so Barbie will have to wait awhile

I'm watching 'Oppenheimer' three times: once on Thursday and twice on Saturday.

I don't have this issue. Barbie has a special screening on the 19th here so I'll see it first and then Oppenheimer on Friday (or Saturday because Friday is my birthday and I don't know what plans my wife has for us yet)