Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace wrote:
June 2nd, 2023, 10:21 pm
Masterpiece confirmed

El Especial wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 5:01 pm
We’re six weeks away from its release date, it’ll also be press screened during the last week of June — I’m there.
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/6 ... rgaxg1hj93
Possible, let's take this with a grain of salt though. I feel like Variety and other major headlines spewing sites are the most official sources of confirmation.

I love how casually we have learned of two developments that, if officially announced a year ago, would have caused quite the sensation:

Nolan has made an R rated blockbuster
They made an IMAX film that is longer than the supposed limit of 169 minutes

El Especial wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 4:32 pm
Ace wrote:
June 2nd, 2023, 10:21 pm
Masterpiece confirmed
Genuinely curious. Why do you think so?

DHOPW42 wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 8:24 am
I love how casually we have learned of two developments that, if officially announced a year ago, would have caused quite the sensation:

I'm sure part of it is that enough people have speculated about both of these possibly being true for long enough that confirmation is less surprising than it otherwise would have been.

physicshistoryguy wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 1:17 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:

I'm sure part of it is that enough people have speculated about both of these possibly being true for long enough that confirmation is less surprising than it otherwise would have been.
Didn’t see any speculation about the R Rating, but the length yeah

Waitedalongtime wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 2:45 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:

Hmm, I could've sworn I saw people wondering months ago whether Hiroshima/Nagasaki would be in the film and if that would warrant an R rating, but I can't remember where and it very well could be a false memory.

Forum Pro
physicshistoryguy wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 2:54 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
physicshistoryguy wrote:

Hmm, I could've sworn I saw people wondering months ago whether Hiroshima/Nagasaki would be in the film and if that would warrant an R rating, but I can't remember where and it very well could be a false memory.
Sure some people thought it’d be R, and some of those people thought it’d be R for the Hiroshima/Nagasaki stuff. I think everyone was shocked when it was rated R for the specific reasons that it was. I feel like you’d have to dig deep to even find the words nudity and sex in this forum lol

DylanHoang wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 3:08 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 2:54 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:

Sure some people thought it’d be R, and some of those people thought it’d be R for the Hiroshima/Nagasaki stuff. I think everyone was shocked when it was rated R for the specific reasons that it was. I feel like you’d have to dig deep to even find the words nudity and sex in this forum lol
Right, I can't remember anyone thinking that would be the case.