Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Oku
That's so blurry that it could be Photoshop...but that's probably just me coping lol. This isn't DC or Marvel; no reason for anyone to make troll edits like that.

I just don't understand what on Earth is in this film that would warrant an R rating when he made a freaking WAR movie that's PG-13...

There's a possibility that Universal isn't as on good terms with the MPAA as WB is, and was slapped with a soft R when it was hoping for a hard PG-13.

Ace

Some sexuality, nudity and language.

Last edited by Ace on June 1st, 2023, 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Probably because of the steamy scenes between Oppie and Groves.

On a serious note, I’d eat my words if it’s confirmed Rated R. Like, that’s so unexpected. I worry that this project is too indulgent for its own good. As a fan I’m like screw it do what you want and I’ll be watching.

But from a business standpoint, a 3 hour Rated R film treated as a summer blockbuster can both be the smartest and the riskiest move ever. So I hope it does well. Big chance it will but we’ll never know until it ends it’s theatrical run.

No way it's rated R...

Oku
Ace wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 1:54 pm

Even after it's official, I still can't believe it. Unbelievable. Hot damn.

Ruling out a couple of possibilities, there's zero chance of an R rating for male frontal nude action, and I think that it's safe to say that Mr. Nolan won't go as far as showing actual genitalia.

So that only leaves some serious, sustained female frontal nudity in like an actual, sexy-sex sexual context (Titanic supposedly got away with PG-13 because Rose's nude scene was in a non-sexual context). The question is who lol. Ms. Pugh? Ms. Blunt? Both?

Ace wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 1:54 pm

Click on the words of the tweet, not the play button, and you'll see the 15 second spot. It's rated R

Florence Pugh sex scene in IMAX 70!!!!

I'm in a bit of a shock lmao :lol: This being rated R I didn't expect, but I'm strangely even more pumped, as I'm curious to see what Nolan cooked up for the film to get that rating.

Damn! It is official.

If it’s completely official, maybe that will give something to think about for those who sometimes claim "that ain’t happening".