Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
dolby cinema or regular 70mm?

I'd say why not both? But if I had to pick only one, it would be 70mm.
You'd be getting that analog film goodness.

For me, I'll be seeing it in almost every format I can. Which will be IMAX Xenon, IMAX Laser, Dolby and a standard DCP.

Btw, I noticed something interesting. They shot some 30fps on IMAX. (The camera can go up to 36fps).

Willem wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 8:27 am
There seems to be a whole interactive experience available on oppenheimermovie.com, have you guys seen that already?
Very cool stuff

KEM
Bought a ticket for every single day of the first week in IMAX!!! Best seat in the house too

Ace wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 9:54 am
Just to say that there is a reworking of my Dunkirk format guide in this that's credited to me - I had nothing to do with putting this new version together (wonder where this came from) though appreciate the thought behind the credit!

Not sure if anyone has said and I didn't know where to post this, but this is actually rated R lol.

Having trouble finding it, but got a TV Spot ad on twitter for "Get Tickets Now" and it said Rated R at the end. I have a screenshot

Looks like "Some Sexuality" and then 3 words I can't make out but the 2nd and 3rd words are definitely "and Language"

Honestly, looks like Some Sexuality, Nudity, and Language. :o

Oku
KEM wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 11:55 am
Bought a ticket for every single day of the first week in IMAX!!! Best seat in the house too
Mr Moneybags over here

antovolk wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 12:21 pm
Ace wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 9:54 am
Just to say that there is a reworking of my Dunkirk format guide in this that's credited to me - I had nothing to do with putting this new version together (wonder where this came from) though appreciate the thought behind the credit!
Maybe the author thought that an 'antovolk' was a neologism for 'film format guide'

Coop Cooper wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 1:25 pm
Not sure if anyone has said and I didn't know where to post this, but this is actually rated R lol.

Having trouble finding it, but got a TV Spot ad on twitter for "Get Tickets Now" and it said Rated R at the end. I have a screenshot

Looks like "Some Sexuality" and then 3 words I can't make out but the 2nd and 3rd words are definitely "and Language"

What the actual FUCK

If it's actually rated R, then holy FUCK

That's Yuge. Seismic. Momentous.

Coop Cooper wrote:

According to the last IMAX BTS video, the film is not rated yet.

Coop Cooper wrote:

Can you post the screenshot?

Collins wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 1:42 pm
Coop Cooper wrote:

According to the last IMAX BTS video, the film is not rated yet.
Here's the proof. I should've liked or bookmarked the tweet. Clicked out, it refreshed and it was gone forever