Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Good news. Universal Pictures starts to promote OPPENHEIMER with the new poster and trailer on Chinese social media. So there's a solid chance that the film will be released in China.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 8th, 2023, 4:02 am
Good news. Universal Pictures starts to promote OPPENHEIMER with the new poster and trailer on Chinese social media. So there's a solid chance that the film will be released in China.
great news

If Sag strikes in June none of the actors can do promotion for this movie, and no press for the premiere

Forum Pro
neb4ever wrote:
May 8th, 2023, 7:22 pm
If Sag strikes in June none of the actors can do promotion for this movie, and no press for the premiere
This is very likely but there’s also talk of the DGA going on strike, which would mean that Nolan couldn’t promote the movie either.

The big Hollywood stars going on strike would be ridiculous, considering how much the big pay for the big stars is part of the problem. But then again America wants good conscience more than social rights.
If I go on strike and see a colleague who earns 500 times more than me rally the protest, I would puke I guess.

Forum Pro
Demoph wrote:
May 9th, 2023, 4:05 am
The big Hollywood stars going on strike would be ridiculous, considering how much the big pay for the big stars is part of the problem. But then again America wants good conscience more than social rights.
If I go on strike and see a colleague who earns 500 times more than me rally the protest, I would puke I guess.

Ace

NOLAN I flew over to Dublin to hand you the script, you read it in my hotel room, I went off to look at the Francis Bacon installation in the Hugh Lane [Gallery], and then came back. I'm actually curious if the fact that the script was written in the first person will have added to the feeling of responsibility that you were going to have taking it on.

MURPHY Yes, massively. That's the only script that I've ever read that's been in the first person. It took me a minute, maybe a bit more than a minute, to figure that out. But then it became clear that you wanted it to be completely subjective, that everything was to be seen through the character's eyes as it were, and, again, yeah, that added massively to the terror.
Wow, screenplay in the first person...? :D Interesting!