Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Sweet Jesus

Citizen Kane

So many good tidbits! Liking what I'm seeing and reading

The image that intrigues me most is of Kitty holding Robert, it looks almost like he's had an episode and she's there for him. His eyes are wide and his face looks worse for wear, plus being against a rock. I wonder what happened.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 6:20 pm
The image that intrigues me most is of Kitty holding Robert, it looks almost like he's had an episode and she's there for him. His eyes are wide and his face looks worse for wear, plus being against a rock. I wonder what happened.
My guess is when he receives the news of Jean's suicide.

EOLB wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 6:32 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
Either that or something physically dangerous happened.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 6:38 pm
EOLB wrote:
Waitedalongtime wrote:
Or the stress of the hearings.

A Borges man wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 6:46 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 6:38 pm
EOLB wrote:

Or the stress of the hearings.
Those must be some mighty stressful hearings. Maybe that combined with his personal guilt and anguish at his invention.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Ace wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 11:06 am
Christopher Nolan is returning to cinemas next year with Oppenheimer, and while the trailer and early images were presented entirely in black-and-white, Total Film can reveal that the upcoming movie will also feature sequences in color. The use of black-and-white harks back to Nolan’s earliest films: microbudget debut Following and breakout hit Memento, the latter featuring approximately a quarter in black-and-white.

"I very much loved the structural assistance and the aesthetic charge of shifting between color and black and white that I had on Memento,” recalls Nolan in Total Film (opens in new tab)’s upcoming 2023 Preview issue. "I’d always been looking for a reason to go back to that. And in the case of Oppenheimer and the way in which we tell this story, it’s very subjectively [told], but also with a more objective story strand that intertwines with that. It was really the perfect time to go back to that device that I loved so much."

Memento was shot on 35mm anamorphic, but after shooting pioneering sequences of The Dark Knight on IMAX cameras, Nolan has been a champion of large-format film. The challenge here being: no one had ever shot on large-format black-and-white film before. "So we challenged the people at Kodak photochem to make this work for us," says Nolan. "And they stepped up. For the first time ever, we were able to shoot IMAX film in black-and-white. And the results were thrilling and extraordinary. As soon as Hoyte [van Hoytema, Nolan cinematographer since Interstellar] and I saw the first tests come in, we just knew that this was a format that we were immediately in love with."
"And in the case of Oppenheimer and the way in which we tell this story, it’s very subjectively [told], but also with a more objective story strand that intertwines with that. "

I see this as confirmation that they'll be going with a non-linear structure with the hearings guiding us through the narrative. Kinda like The Social Network.
Absolutely

Pretty sure the bomb in the teaser trailer is the trinity test.
It all looked real too.