Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace

I have the impression that this first poster is the sign of a different promotional campaign since the arrival of Nolan at Universal, the poster is still quite beautiful I think.

Forum Pro
Nolan62 wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:35 am
I have the impression that this first poster is the sign of a different promotional campaign since the arrival of Nolan at Universal, the poster is still quite beautiful I think.
Different how?

Oku
That's...not great. :|

I wish it had been more low-key and subtle to tamper expectations a bit, instead of having a giant, in-your-face, fiery red explosion that could mislead people into thinking this is some kind of high-octane action piece.

Usually, the first poster comes out with the first full trailer, I think, so this is new.
I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe the teaser won't be theater exclusive this time since the social media accounts were activated this early.

Oku wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:40 am
giant, in-your-face, fiery red explosion that could mislead people into thinking this is some kind of high-octane action piece.
Maybe it is :D

DylanHoang wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:38 am
Nolan62 wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:35 am
Different how?
So far it wasn't released at the same time as the teaser, but was more revealed with the first trailer, right? Obviously a preview of the title but never a full poster.
Last edited by Nolan62 on July 21st, 2022, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oku wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:40 am
That's...not great. :|

I wish it had been more low-key and subtle to tamper expectations a bit, instead of having a giant, in-your-face, fiery red explosion that could mislead people into thinking this is some kind of high-octane action piece.
That's also the impression that I have, but posters are not necessarly great and sophisticated nowadays, I mean in Hollywood, although I am not making a generalization, but as always with Nolan, the promo can be misleading, remember all the trailers for Dunkirk, for example, although I found the first poster very beautiful. The Tenet posters were great too, especially the last ones.
But I still find this one great.
Last edited by Nolan62 on July 21st, 2022, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think the teaser may as well drop online, say in less than 10 mins

WOW! Its beautiful! Nolan never disappoints on his teaser posters. Feels like a mix between TDK poster and Dunkirk teaser poster. Hopefully the teaser is equally beautiful! :gonf: