Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Whenever I come to this forum I see the banner from Tenet and think that these people are way too relaxed to be amidst a terror attack. It's become much more pronounced now. Maybe another banner image will do?

El Especial wrote:
January 3rd, 2022, 7:27 pm
Christopher Nolan’s ‘Oppenheimer’ Starts Shooting in March; Full Plot Details Revealed
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/1 ... vvmuuf3hbv
so the movie starts shooting in LA? With all the Instagram videos posted by that prop maker, I thought it would start from New Mexico, as I think Nolan always starts by shooting real location sequences first, is it correct?

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 6th, 2022, 12:45 am
El Especial wrote:
Christopher Nolan’s ‘Oppenheimer’ Starts Shooting in March; Full Plot Details Revealed
so the movie starts shooting in LA? With all the Instagram videos posted by that prop maker, I thought it would start from New Mexico, as I think Nolan always starts by shooting real location sequences first, is it correct?
Correct for Dunkirk, they shot the beach stuff first in Dunkirk, then the sea stuff in Netherlands, then a few days in England, and the rest in California.

For Tenet, they shot interior stuff mainly in Estonia, like the protagonist fighting himself, the scene with Clemence Poesy or the opening in the opera; probably the Blue/red room also, since Branagh only shot in Estonia, Italy and England.
They also ended up shooting in California last, but they didn't shoot a lot of interior or in a studio there, since the main stuff they shot in California are the plane crash and Stalsk 12.

Forum Pro
Demoph wrote:
January 6th, 2022, 4:51 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 6th, 2022, 12:45 am
El Especial wrote:
Correct for Dunkirk, they shot the beach stuff first in Dunkirk, then the sea stuff in Netherlands, then a few days in England, and the rest in California.

For Tenet, they shot interior stuff mainly in Estonia, like the protagonist fighting himself, the scene with Clemence Poesy or the opening in the opera; probably the Blue/red room also, since Branagh only shot in Estonia, Italy and England.
They also ended up shooting in California last, but they didn't shoot a lot of interior or in a studio there, since the main stuff they shot in California are the plane crash and Stalsk 12.
I believe that the very first sequence they shot for Tenet was the part where the Protagonist fights his inverted self in LA and when him and Neil make their way to the turnstile. They shot that first and then they went to Estonia.

A guy that I play fantasy baseball with has a cool connection to Oppenheimer. His grandfather was the person responsible for designing and creating the metal casings for the bombs. He was drafted out of MIT by Richard Feynman

Insomniac wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 3:50 pm
Hmm, that text is really just the description of the book on Amazon with the actors names added in :think:
Haha, indeed. Honestly, the book is so expansive, Nolan shouldn't waste time with biographical early years stuff. It should start at Los Almos, and then the tests, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and then the hearings. That is already like a 3 hour + movie. Also, if they end at the tests and bombings, then Robert Downey and Safdie will have nothing to do, both Strauss and Teller really only become relevant after the bombings. Truly, the drama comes after the tests and bombs.

This may be a weird question to ask right now, but does anyone know how does universal compare to warner in how they handle their home media releases, im a sucker for special features and behind the scenes content, this source material and what it might manifest on the set deserves to be explored in lenght, i would hope that it would stray away form the talking heads, really synthesized content seen on previous blu ray releases, im crazy for how they make the special features for David Fincher`s films, really in depth stuff, but to summarize, anyone knows what we "could" in theory expect form Universal, if at all different from what we saw from his other stuff ?

Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 8th, 2022, 1:52 am
This may be a weird question to ask right now, but does anyone know how does universal compare to warner in how they handle their home media releases, im a sucker for special features and behind the scenes content, this source material and what it might manifest on the set deserves to be explored in lenght, i would hope that it would stray away form the talking heads, really synthesized content seen on previous blu ray releases, im crazy for how they make the special features for David Fincher`s films, really in depth stuff, but to summarize, anyone knows what we "could" in theory expect form Universal, if at all different from what we saw from his other stuff ?
I think this on Nolan if wants special features

https://boldentrance.com/watch-christop ... mann-heat/

I have lost some admiration and respect for Chris Nolan after watching that video in the article. Nolan became a superstar because of The Dark Knight but it turns out, he plagiarized so many scenes from Michael Mann films. Wow. I am actually shocked. Now I’m now questioning what else Nolan has stolen in all his other movies.

Retskrad wrote:
January 12th, 2022, 5:59 am
https://boldentrance.com/watch-christop ... mann-heat/

I have lost some admiration and respect for Chris Nolan after watching that video in the article. Nolan became a superstar because of The Dark Knight but it turns out, he plagiarized so many scenes from Michael Mann films. Wow. I am actually shocked. Now I’m now questioning what else Nolan has stolen in all his other movies.
Can a mod please remove this troll?