Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
A Borges man wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 6:55 pm
Retskrad wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 1:23 pm
After watching Denis Villeneuve’s filmography, I have come to the conclusion that he’s the greatest sci fi director of the last 20 years. What’s special about him is he always starts with the characters and then builds beautiful worlds around them. Nolan on the other hand has no idea how to create an interesting world. I am slowly leaving Nolan behind because Denis Villeneuve has eclipsed him. Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune are better than everything in Nolan’s filmography. I highly doubt the new Oppenheimer project can compete with those films but we shall see.
IT's too bad none of Villeneuve's scifi movies are original...all of them are just franchises and build off of other people's work...
Let’s not do this.

A Borges man wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 6:55 pm
Retskrad wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 1:23 pm
After watching Denis Villeneuve’s filmography, I have come to the conclusion that he’s the greatest sci fi director of the last 20 years. What’s special about him is he always starts with the characters and then builds beautiful worlds around them. Nolan on the other hand has no idea how to create an interesting world. I am slowly leaving Nolan behind because Denis Villeneuve has eclipsed him. Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune are better than everything in Nolan’s filmography. I highly doubt the new Oppenheimer project can compete with those films but we shall see.
IT's too bad none of Villeneuve's scifi movies are original...all of them are just franchises and build off of other people's work...
Don't bother to reply to him mate. He's just a troll. You'll just highlight him more. Time to focus on this project instead.

The best thing to do is just ignore that guy.

I admire Denis but was not expecting Dune to get so mixed reviews. On imdb the movie is described as emotionally empty by many people, it could be simply worse than Tenet.

blackColumn wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 4:57 am
I admire Denis but was not expecting Dune to get so mixed reviews. On imdb the movie is described as emotionally empty by many people, it could be simply worse than Tenet.
What are you on about? It's got a 90% and an average score of 7.9/10 on RT and an 8.4 on imdb (which is a useless metric since it doesn't verify whether people have actually seen the movie, but hey, you brought it up). It seems that a large majority of the crticis liked it and the audiences liked it. That's a critical success.

Are there things critics point out to that they didn't like? Sure, but unless you were counting on this movie to be only the greatest film of all-time, this shouldn't come as a surprise.

It's like people who were saying that The Dark Knight Rises got "mixed reviews". No, the reviews were largely positive. There were elements of the film that people didn't like but the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. A film that gets between 40-60% on RT is considered a mixed reaction. Not films that go over 80% approval.

MMatt wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 3:48 pm
I know it's cliché, but do you think we'll get any nightmare dream sequences of the Trinity test actually destroying the world? It would be a cool way of conveying the unknown nature and fears leading up to that first test. Plus, Nolan destroying the world in IMAX? :shock: :twothumbsup:

I don’t know, man… IMDB isn’t a good source. The Dark Knight is listed 4th in the top 250 movies of all time. It’s a good movie but 4th? That’s just ridiculous. It should be around 20-30th. Its honestly pathetic to see Nolan Stan’s organize and give his movies high ratings. Interstellar and The Dark Knight Rises are also on the top 250. I mean come on guys … the IMDB score is actually meaningless.

Retskrad wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 6:13 am
I don’t know, man… IMDB isn’t a good source. The Dark Knight is listed 4th in the top 250 movies of all time. It’s a good movie but 4th? That’s just ridiculous. It should be around 20-30th. Its honestly pathetic to see Nolan Stan’s organize and give his movies high ratings. Interstellar and The Dark Knight Rises are also on the top 250. I mean come on guys … the IMDB score is actually meaningless.

Well, this thread is going at it on ratings for movies unrelated to Oppenheimer film. Blackcolumn and Retskrad might be the same person.
Dark times around here. Lol

I hope there are more news about this project soon!

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 9:39 am
Well, this thread is going at it on ratings for movies unrelated to Oppenheimer film. Blackcolumn and Retskrad might be the same person.
Dark times around here. Lol

I hope there are more news about this project soon!
It better be! It will go off like a BANG, like the atomic bomb.