Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

I'm not the biggest fan of Jennifer Lame's editing work on Tenet, but YAYYYY....! So excited for this project!

Retskrad wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:27 pm
I am exited for this project but I don't have that much faith in Nolan. Tenet was a hilarious misfire on so many levels. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future film schools will use Tenet was an example of how everything can go wrong in a movie. This new Oppenheimer project needs to win Best Picture for me to believe he still is a great director.
Maybe just ban this guy.

Besides, we have memes in here that are 12+

The project being described as an "epic thriller" is more referring to the vastness of the story, something big in terms of event, but I think this is really going to be a biographical drama, but a Christopher Nolan biographical drama, so let's be ready for something very unique and original, and I'm sure Hoyte and him will use IMAX for some kind of never be seen representations etc...

But I can totally see this new project as really a new venture for Nolan, something like a big version of "The Prestige".
Last edited by Nolan62 on October 8th, 2021, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pr0creation wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 7:22 pm
Retskrad wrote:
I am exited for this project but I don't have that much faith in Nolan. Tenet was a hilarious misfire on so many levels. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future film schools will use Tenet was an example of how everything can go wrong in a movie. This new Oppenheimer project needs to win Best Picture for me to believe he still is a great director.
Maybe just ban this guy.

I don't think that would help. This type of troll always comes back with different accounts.

There are ways to write off 'epic' but idk about 'epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.'

I think going in expecting a biographical drama would be a mistake.

TeddyBlass wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 7:52 pm
There are ways to write off 'epic' but idk about 'epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.'

I think going in expecting a biographical drama would be a mistake.
Again, a Nolan's biopic, so expect the unexpected.

Oku
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 6:53 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 6:14 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:17 pm
Also it officially an adapted screenplay
So it's a screenplay he wrote loosely based on this book ? :
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Prometheus
I can see that BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY nomination now.
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch lol

Not like it matters anyway, because the man clearly couldn't give less of a frick about any Oscars. Very few filmmakers would release a prime-rib, Oscar-friendly movie like this in the middle of July.

The man doesn't care about shiny gold trophies, he cares about giving an audience a good time, something that they have never experienced before and can only experienced in the cinema.

It's what separates filmmakers like him, Mr. Peele, Mr. Anderson, etc. from filmmakers like Mr. Hooper or Mr. Mendes who seem to materialize out of nowhere only during Oscar season.

Pr0creation wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 7:22 pm
Retskrad wrote:
Maybe just ban this guy.

Just let it be. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future forums are analyzed and comments like Rekstrad's are taken as everything that can go wrong in a person's life.