Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Time to change the thread name to Oppenheimer ;)

Oku
Bacon wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:31 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:17 pm
Also it officially an adapted screenplay
First time since The Prestige.
I wonder what about this one warrants the adapted category, as opposed to Dunkirk, which didn't.

Will the plot/structure of the film mirror that of the book's? Will there be lines of dialogue directly lifted from the book?

Retskrad wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:27 pm
I am exited for this project but I don't have that much faith in Nolan. Tenet was a hilarious misfire on so many levels. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future film schools will use Tenet was an example of how everything can go wrong in a movie. This new Oppenheimer project needs to win Best Picture for me to believe he still is a great director.
Then, why are you even here, troll? Get the f*ck out of here. Paul Haggis must be a greater director than Stanley Kubrick for you because he won the Oscar for Crash yet Kubrick couldn't. According to your logic, you're also a failed human embryo because all you can do is post idiotic comments misusing your right to freedom of expression.
Last edited by SCORPIO16 on October 8th, 2021, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCORPIO16 wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:42 pm
Retskrad wrote:
I am exited for this project but I don't have that much faith in Nolan. Tenet was a hilarious misfire on so many levels. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future film schools will use Tenet was an example of how everything can go wrong in a movie. This new Oppenheimer project needs to win Best Picture for me to believe he still is a great director.
Then, why are you even here, troll? Get the f*ck out of here.
Win best picture? When has that ever been credible? I know Parasate won, so now everyone thinks the Oscars are cool... Silly silly.

Retskrad wrote:
no he sucks actually. now stop acting like he owes you something and get out lol.

I'm really curious about if he really stops collaborating on purpose with people who couldn't work with him on his previous projects :think:

Oku wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:39 pm
Bacon wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:31 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 3:17 pm
Also it officially an adapted screenplay
First time since The Prestige.
I wonder what about this one warrants the adapted category, as opposed to Dunkirk, which didn't.

Will the plot/structure of the film mirror that of the book's? Will there be lines of dialogue directly lifted from the book?
Oppenheimer movie is based on book. Dunkirk was not based on book or published material.

I can definitely see this being in the movie:
Robert Serber (1909-1997) was an American physicist. He was recruited by J. Robert Oppenheimer to work on the Manhattan Project. Serber was tasked with explaining the basic principles and goals of the project to all incoming scientific staff. Moving to Los Alamos in 1943, he gave lectures to members of the Manhattan Project about the design and construction of atomic bombs known as the “Los Alamos Primer."

In early September 1945, Serber was part of the first American team to enter Hiroshima and Nagasaki, assessing the bombs' damage and collecting debris for testing on their five-week mission.
Recreating the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki would require extensive digital effects, I think.

Insomniac wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 5:30 pm
I can definitely see this being in the movie:
Robert Serber (1909-1997) was an American physicist. He was recruited by J. Robert Oppenheimer to work on the Manhattan Project. Serber was tasked with explaining the basic principles and goals of the project to all incoming scientific staff. Moving to Los Alamos in 1943, he gave lectures to members of the Manhattan Project about the design and construction of atomic bombs known as the “Los Alamos Primer."

In early September 1945, Serber was part of the first American team to enter Hiroshima and Nagasaki, assessing the bombs' damage and collecting debris for testing on their five-week mission.
Recreating the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki would require extensive digital effects, I think.
Where is this from?

I just got back and found out the news, it's amazing, so Nolan is taking over the team he put together with Tenet, they can still go farther, and Cillian confirmed!!! God I needed this!!!
The IMAX-shot epic thriller thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
This is going to be incredible!! :gonf: :gonf:
And this is truly that!! We're probably in for one of his strongest movies I hope.

And it finally has a July 2023 release date, as expected!

And also this :
“Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas’ films have shattered the limits of what cinematic storytelling can achieve,” said Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman, Donna Langley. “We are thrilled to be working alongside them on this exceptional and extraordinary project and are grateful for their shared passion and commitment to the theatrical experience.”
What have you prepared ?!!