Cyberpunk 2077

A place to discuss music and video games.
I don't really understand that opinion at all. How would that negatively affect your experience to that degree?

PS they announced this was in 1st person at E3.

-Vader

first person in anything that isn't strictly an fps always feels super restricting to me, personally. it's why i'm not as into Bethesda games as my tastes say i should be

that being said... this looks incredible

Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 12:53 pm
first person in anything that isn't strictly an fps always feels super restricting to me, personally. it's why i'm not as into Bethesda games as my tastes say i should be
Yeah, I also find first person to be a bit disorienting in general, and I get motion sickness when playing for longer.

I also don't get the appeal of customizing the look of your character when you only get to see him/her during rare cutscenes. And at the same time it feels inconsistent not all cutscenes are in first person.

Dobson wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 3:01 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 12:53 pm
Yeah, I also find first person to be a bit disorienting in general, and I get motion sickness when playing for longer.

I also don't get the appeal of customizing the look of your character when you only get to see him/her during rare cutscenes. And at the same time it feels inconsistent not all cutscenes are in first person.
I don't get motion sickness but I agree with the rest. Plus, use of guns is super boring to me. I prefer hand to hand combat like Arkham or Assassin's Creed.

I hope they do make a TPP mod down the line. If they do, I'll definitely buy this one.

Vader182 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 12:47 pm
I don't really understand that opinion at all. How would that negatively affect your experience to that degree?

PS they announced this was in 1st person at E3.

-Vader
I like seeing the character. FPS games make me pretty discombobulated and motion sick too. I think its cuz I need something to focus on on the middle of the screen.

Also I've been avoiding a lot about this game, so this is the first time I've really followed some marketing.

those are good points and let me get my head around this criticism more.

personally, I was a FPS baby (Goldeneye, Half Life 2, Halo) and obv Eldar Scrolls but especially Skyrim so I personally don't give a shit if it's a FPS or third person, even if I guess statistically almost all my favorite games are third person.

-Vader

For me , 1st person is absolutely n1. Immersion in this mode is superior to everything else. Probably cause of Morrowind, which I played on premiere for 30 hours, and since this, I'm 1st person maniac. sorry.

I literally can’t stop watching this during breaks, and before sleep.🕷️

m4st4 wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 7:08 pm
I literally can’t stop watching this during breaks, and before sleep.🕷️
I literally can't stop watching this during my life.

I played Skyrim almost on its entirety in 3rd person mode. I rarely ever play any fps. Bioshock games are probably my all time favourites, but I nearly suffered through the combat bits just to get to the brilliant parts.

I think first person belongs with VR, not on a screen.£