is Kanye West our generation's MJ?

A place to discuss music and video games.
RomanM wrote:I cannot believe someone in this thread has said Kanye West was more talented/skilled than Michael Jackson. Cannot believe it at all.
You don't understand one thing and most of the people also. It's like when I say Kanye has more technical talent than MJ ..people go CRAZY like... Oh no you didn't... but they don't even stop to think for one god damn second.

MJ is the King of Pop right?... I love that guy I was at his concert when i was a lil kid and I cried but still...

MJ didn't write 75% of his songs and didn't composed 90% of his songs... most of his career is thanks to Quincy Jones and his production/lyrics. What of what I said is not true???... I gave that man 10 on being a 10 pop artist and 10 for being a great entertainer which is all about his image his dancing style his clothes design and the way in somehow shocked people...

But like Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake he didnt write produced most of his stuff because as a pop artist you don't need to while a hip-hop artist needs to...

And are you serious about Lady Gaga??

That girl wrote music for Britney Spears, Pussycat Dolls, Christina Aguilera and many more at the age of 18-19...
She writes her own music which has message (non-conformist, sexist, and very subtle)
She designs her clother her shows she is involved in the art department (just like Michael jackson)
She has a great voice (similar to Aguilera's)
She knows how to dance
Her album is HOT as far as POP music goes... I love music in general so I love pop... and if you say her music is s*it you don't know what you're talking about...
Everything on her album is original fresh and wisely done for this period of time... every track is listenable and has a different approach...

Lady Gaga sold a lot and won tons of awards and beats records after records in what??? 2 YEARS??? THAT IS HUGE MY FRIEND AND THAT IS TALENT...

MJ still the King but you need to be objective enough to have the courage to make differences between them and not follow the band-wagon and cry (not talking to you but in general for the people in this topic) whenever someone says something not "so good" about your favorite star... (which is mine too) :thumbdown:

Objectively? Your list of percentages isn't objective at all, they are entirely subjective and if I wanted to make such a list MJ could easily come out higher.

MJ has had a much bigger impact on music and pop culture then Kanye, and GaGa. MJ's music also reaches a wider audience simply because of it' genre. This thread is not about with is more talented (Although the vast majority of industry professionals would agree that MJ was more talented, at least he could hold a note...), it's about whether or not West is this generations MJ, and the answer is no. Being in High-School right now, I can say with certainty that that Eminem, Lil' Wayne, Lady GaGa, hell even a band like Linkin Park is currently more popular then West. Nobody I know has talked about him since the Taylor Swift incident.

Simply because a artist writes his music doesn't automatically make him more talented. Eminem is MUCH more talented rapper then West could ever dream of being, and as of now he's had a much bigger impact on the music industry then West. Kanye is just another rapper in the genre and hold no significant place among anyone else.

And to say that someone who doesn't like Lady GaGa music doesn't know what there talking about is ignorance at its highest form. A LOT of males, in fact the majority don't like Lady GaGa's music because of the wacky, fast paced beats and awkward lyrics. And her newest song "Alhandro" is garbage. Repeating the same name while randomly throwing in irrelevant names that rhyme is just dumb.

CrazyEight wrote:MJ has had a much bigger impact on music and pop culture then Kanye, and GaGa. MJ's music also reaches a wider audience simply because of it' genre.
Who disagreed???... MJ is better and Kanye West is no near Michael Jackson... because Michael was a 10 artist in his genre while Kanye West isn't... so where did I said... that KW is better than MJ??? That's why I ranked them so you could see where MJ had 10's and where KW has 10's.... that's why I said technically KW is more talented but as an artist Michael Jackson was something else...
CrazyEight wrote:West is this generations MJ, and the answer is no. Being in High-School right now, I can say with certainty that that Eminem, Lil' Wayne, Lady GaGa, hell even a band like Linkin Park is currently more popular then West. Nobody I know has talked about him since the Taylor Swift incident.
Eminem, Lady Gaga & Linkin Park are way more popular than West. Correct. But take a look at these...

Eminem - Has a 14 years career behind and sold lots of records.
Lady Gaga - Pop artist. the best at the moment. has a tendency to shock so...
Linkin Park - a 15 years band... which sold TENS of MILLIONS of albums... WHO IN THE WORLD DOESN'T KNOW "CRAWLING" or "NUMB" ???? And they are ROCK-BAND... Rock is way more popular than hip-hop ... it's like almost as pop music...

You put bands that have a background besides Lady Gaga... name me other artists that are more known than Kanye West besides Jay Z, Eminem or Limp Bizkit or Coldplay.... ?????????? Who ??? Taylor Swift??? I just lol'd... When Kanye was big TS didn't even existed in the music business... And LOL at Lil'Wayne.. I guarantee you that besides the U.S. he isn't that BIG... while Kanye Is...
CrazyEight wrote:Simply because a artist writes his music doesn't automatically make him more talented. Eminem is MUCH more talented rapper then West could ever dream of being, and as of now he's had a much bigger impact on the music industry then West. Kanye is just another rapper in the genre and hold no significant place among anyone else.
It makes him more talented in that specific area (writing) what are you talking about????... Eminem has lyricism... but nothing else... He has lyricism and had this success mostly because he's white and I (as a white human being) I was amazed and stunned to see that guy do it where nobody thought a white man could do it (and it's nothing racial here is just the facts)... Nas is way more lyrical and influenced hip hop way more than Eminem and still he isn't even half the superstar Eminem is... so what's your point?... Kanye West is not just ANOTHER rapper... he's among the best 5 at the moment imo... his first 2 albums are considered classics in the hiphop community and his third is a INFLUENTIAL musical album... His fourth was the one that created the KW-trend... like ir or not Kanye West is a worldwide figure... and there's one problem.. he was a rapper and not a pop artist therefore people barely knew him before 808's album... Don't take me on this musical stuff because I know it all (and I'm not being arrogant it's just that I studied it years and years...)
CrazyEight wrote:And to say that someone who doesn't like Lady GaGa music doesn't know what there talking about is ignorance at its highest form. A LOT of males, in fact the majority don't like Lady GaGa's music because of the wacky, fast paced beats and awkward lyrics. And her newest song "Alhandro" is garbage. Repeating the same name while randomly throwing in irrelevant names that rhyme is just dumb.
It's not ignorance is knowledge. If you would know music you would admit that what Gaga does is music, entertainment and she's original and a great pop artist (best at the moment). Her music is not wacky just because you don't like it you don't need to talk about it that harsh. THAT IS IGNORANT. To do not like something and trash it just because of that... And in fact another ignorant thing is to talk about the majority... The majority likes Gaga... that's why she's so loved and has top songs and sells and everything... :roll:

And one single question... How many MJ albums do you own in original... ??? How many original music albums of the artists you mention you own in original???

Tell me this isn't music and she isn't a true artist... I dare you to do that...

Rifa where are you getting these absurd numbers from? Michael wrote a ton of his own music and was apart of the compositions especially as the years went on. Of course some of his hits aren't his (Thriller, You are Not Alone, etc) but the man has put his stamp on everything he's used. The dancing, fashion, music video, and live performance realms are another place Jackson innovated in. This man invented the modern music video and took live performing to an entirely different level.

I'd say Lady Gaga's biggest accomplishment is keeping here own gender mysterious

PowerDump wrote:I'd say Lady Gaga's biggest accomplishment is keeping here own gender mysterious
LMAO!

RomanM wrote:The dancing, fashion, music video, and live performance realms are another place Jackson innovated in. This man invented the modern music video and took live performing to an entirely different level.
Agreed with you here and I already said that... as an entertainer he was/is the best... (fashion, dancing, music videos and live performances are marks of entertainment)... 8-)

I like how Talli starts this absolutely ridiculous thread and pussy tails out of it. LMFAO.

RomanM wrote:I like how Talli starts this absolutely ridiculous thread and pussy tails out of it. LMFAO.

no

i just cant bother arguing with people who refuse to accept the fact that kanye and lady gaga are 2 of the greatest musical talents out there