Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.

:clap:

With BF1 getting rave reviews as well as Titanfall 2, there is absolutely noooooo reason what-so-ever to get Infinite Warfare. Just watching that online video, even if the guy sounds like the biggest tool ever, showed it looked lazy compared to BF1 or Titanfall 2.

I find it funny how Telltale's Batman is directly lifting
the whole turn Gotham chaotic through aerosol from Batman Begins
but is doing it way better.

Anyone else start up Skyrim Special Edition?

Not a massive improvement, clearly meant for consoles, but it has pretty great molding potential with x64.

Everything is so ... smooth, and orange.

Yeah... well it was obvious it was meant for consoles more than PC considering PC community has the modding side which can make Skyrim look like pretty much the best game out there.

Not even sure this is worth paying for on PC. You can just pick up Legendary Edition with all the content and then mod it. But if you're not into modding then I guess you can pay for the extra comfort and quality.

RIFA wrote:Yeah... well it was obvious it was meant for consoles more than PC considering PC community has the modding side which can make Skyrim look like pretty much the best game out there.

Not even sure this is worth paying for on PC. You can just pick up Legendary Edition with all the content and then mod it. But if you're not into modding then I guess you can pay for the extra comfort and quality.
You don't have to pay for it on PC if you already have the game with all the DLC.

Learn more about Nintendo’s new home gaming system at the Nintendo Switch Presentation, streamed LIVE on Jan. 12

Cilogy wrote:Anyone else start up Skyrim Special Edition?

Not a massive improvement, clearly meant for consoles, but it has pretty great molding potential with x64.

Everything is so ... smooth, and orange.
Also don't forget Skyrim had a 4GB VRAM limit as well, which is gone now.
The smoothness is caused by the temporal anti aliasing solution.
I like the more colourful sunsets tbh. At the other times of day the colours also look like before, maybe a bit more vibrant.
RIFA wrote:Yeah... well it was obvious it was meant for consoles more than PC considering PC community has the modding side which can make Skyrim look like pretty much the best game out there.
I beg to differ. There is so much stuff which can't be done with mods and which lack is noticeable.

WHAT?! There are people who don't spend hours trying to get all the mods working and just play the game? Why would someone do that?

I don't 'get' mods. To me it's like George Lucas trying to improve Star Wars by inserting CGI creatures in Yabba's Palace.

And it's user made. No matter how pretty it looks it'll never be creator-owned vision.