Fallout 4 - Welcome Home! (November 10, 2015)

A place to discuss music and video games.
These fuckers
Honestly, I can't remember being so terrified of an enemy since Big Daddies in Bioshock.

run zig zag towards you so aiming will be a problem (not to mention fast as hell), when get near enough will use that goddamn stun attack which renders you useless for a few seconds while doing shit ton of damage on you

M'yeah. Time to move on to Arkham Knight. This is too confusing for me right now. I'm waiting on that Holiday vacation to rape this game. Until then... I'll continue with the more straightforward casual stuff. Arkham Knight... here I come.

I'll get Black Ops 3 and Battlefront sometime this year. Imma keep Fallout 4 for that sweet vacation. I need to really sit with it.

I still drop to about 30 to 40 fps when in cities or large settlements, seems like a common problem among many players

also, it seems the speed at which I can do melee attacks is directly related to my current fps, which doesn't make sense

fuck, I hope they fix this shit

Cilogy wrote:I still drop to about 30 to 40 fps when in cities or large settlements, seems like a common problem among many players

also, it seems the speed at which I can do melee attacks is directly related to my current fps, which doesn't make sense

That's so Bethesda. I mean, there's this line in the .ini that specifically tied FPS and TIME and when you changed that in Fallout 3 (and i guess everything after that) the lower your fps the slower time flowed.

Apparently setting shadow distance somewhere between 3000 and 13000 (medium and high) gives like 20+ fps, also godrays are a motherfucker it seems. I won't lower those but I think they have to do with how my fps drops in forest areas. Other than that the game runs very smooth.

prince0gotham wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I still drop to about 30 to 40 fps when in cities or large settlements, seems like a common problem among many players

That's so Bethesda. I mean, there's this line in the .ini that specifically tied FPS and TIME and when you changed that in Fallout 3 (and i guess everything after that) the lower your fps the slower time flowed.

Apparently setting shadow distance somewhere between 3000 and 13000 (medium and high) gives like 20+ fps, also godrays are a motherfucker it seems. I won't lower those but I think they have to do with how my fps drops in forest areas. Other than that the game runs very smooth.
interesting, I'll try that now

Yea, otherwise it's easily the smoothest Bethesda game I've played out of the box. Even if it seems like they basically took Skyrim, cleared everything off the map, and started making a new Fallout game, it still looks great. I spent nearly 30 minutes just taking screenshots yesterday.

In reference to your post Cilogy, I believe this is a video worthy of discussion:

Apparently you can shoot from cover Destiny style by going up to cover and simply aiming to pop out. Cool stuff.

Unfortunately the game now crashes every five minutes unless I go into windowed mode.

Looks like godrays fuck up your performance. Everyone is advising to turn those off.

I'm forced to use windowed-borderless, otherwise when the camera/character moves the whole screen jitters

Has anyone met Professor Goodfeels? He's a robot that I programmed to go back to his master for maintenance. I followed him through the whole god damn friggin world map and now he's just running into packs of supermutants and i die everytim. I don't even know if he'll really lead me somewhere and there's still no info about him anywhere so I'm stuck with doing this till I see what happens.

I didn't plan to go to Diamond city any time soon but the fucker just lead me through it. I even saw Piper and I couldn't go to her cuz i don't wanna miss this.