Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1)

A place to discuss music and video games.
The Man-Bat intro got me good. Didn't help that I had the lights off at the time.

I've been alternating between the BvS and TDK suits. The TDK one has a lot of weird clipping issues with the shoulder armor and the lip sync doesn't look quite right since the face is modeled differently during dialogue.

Havoc1st wrote:The new Season of Infamy DLC looks really good. 4 side missions that lasts 2 hrs altogether. I've only seen the Killer croc and Mister Freeze missions- I particularly liked Mr Freeze side mission, it's actually emotional.
Played through it yesterday. It's a helluva lot better than the Batgirl DLC. The conclusion to the League of Assassins side quest didn't feel right, though.
The fact that the player has the choice to let Ra's die makes it feel less like I'm playing as Batman and instead playing as my own character. For all the moments in the game to have a choice, that felt the weirdest to me.
Then again, I've never found Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins interesting.

darthnazgul wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:The new Season of Infamy DLC looks really good. 4 side missions that lasts 2 hrs altogether. I've only seen the Killer croc and Mister Freeze missions- I particularly liked Mr Freeze side mission, it's actually emotional.
Played through it yesterday. It's a helluva lot better than the Batgirl DLC. The conclusion to the League of Assassins side quest didn't feel right, though.
The fact that the player has the choice to let Ra's die makes it feel less like I'm playing as Batman and instead playing as my own character. For all the moments in the game to have a choice, that felt the weirdest to me.
Then again, I've never found Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins interesting.
In fairness
it's not like you stab him or anything and Ras is very clearly barely clinging to life as is. Letting someone pass away =/= killing techincally.
I also really, really liked for In from the Cold how
they let Victor and Nora sail off into the sunset like that. Very touching.

SilverHeart wrote:I also really, really liked for In from the Cold how
they let Victor and Nora sail off into the sunset like that. Very touching.
I found it kinda funny when,
after Victor and Nora sail off into the sunset, Batman said "Let them go. We won't see them again". He sound so dismissive, as if he doesn't care at all. That's cold Batman, that's cold (pun intended).
Anyway, the most disappointing mission in Season of Infamy, for me, was Mad Hatter. It's basically a retread of what happened in Arkham City gameplay wise, and the story was basically nothing (when compared to the other three Season of Infamy missions).

Also, they're really stretching the 'Batman doesn't kill' thing with some of the takedowns in this, mainly the environmental ones.

Uh, yeah, shoving someone face first into a fuse box or smashing a lit ceiling light down around their skulls would totally kill them. Maybe not the super-armored ones later on but the regular goons would literally die within seconds.

SilverHeart wrote:Also, they're really stretching the 'Batman doesn't kill' thing with some of the takedowns in this, mainly the environmental ones.

Uh, yeah, shoving someone face first into a fuse box or smashing a lit ceiling light down around their skulls would totally kill them. Maybe not the super-armored ones later on but the regular goons would literally die within seconds.
Loophole!

Also relevant:

SilverHeart wrote:Also, they're really stretching the 'Batman doesn't kill' thing with some of the takedowns in this, mainly the environmental ones.

Lol his finishing punches alone are fucking beast, like how can't he break a neck with that?

Not to mention the Batmobile. Electric shock or no you can't survive being hit by something that big with a rocket engine on the back.

Considering that this map was probably done by WB Montreal, it could be hints to their next installment.

Two things they should have implemented from Arkham Origins:
Fast travel. At least to the major landmark buildings. Why have the Batwing constantly flying overhead if you're never going to use it?
The second: IN GAME COSTUME CHANGING. They could have easily made this the reason for the otherwise random-ass spare Batsuit chamber in Lucius' office.