General Music Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Bacon wrote:But how can she be self-aware of how much she does stuff like this but then continue to write the same thing over and over? It's what killed the video for me of LWYMMD. The song's trash. The video, however, had impressive production and a cool aesthetic but at the end it was as if she was saying the song is supposed to be self-aware but it's hardly self-aware when the entire song (and the other tracks) is her genuinely doing what she's making fun of, albeit significantly worse than she has in the past.
What other tracks (except TIWWCHNT)? The song is a satire. This is literally album that tells the story of how she found love and peace, the entire thing from begining to end (New Year’s Day).

Also, she’s human (d’uh). Humans relapse and often do same crazy shit over and over again. There’s even a specific lyric here that acknowledges that. So, yeah, she can because she’s like that and whoever chooses to listen to it either accepts it or leaves?

Again, for someone who hates TS persona you spend too much time contemplating on it.

I don't buy Tay Tay's bad girl persona. It feels too manufactured.

I mean I strongly dislike T-Swift in general. Like Numbers said, she just feels very manufactured.

BUT.... (aka the reason why I keep posting about it)
1989 was a great pop album though, for sure, even though it didn't scratch any specific itches for me. I don't go back to it much, but if I hear it on the radio, I don't mind. Solid stuff. Same for her old material. I'm annoyed at this stuff simply because I feel like this entire era is petty, self-righteous, and honestly....just boring. Especially to how much she changed between albums. The whole feel is inconsistent. It has its moments, but that can be said about 99.999% of albums. The thing as a whole is just a big waste of time tbh. Not to mention the manipulation of fans wanting to see her live for sales. It's just disappointing and slightly frustrating to see an icon get too big for her britches, especially when she's worshiped by her fanbase to an honestly worrying degree.

you know far too much about swift to dislike her

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:you know far too much about swift to dislike her
Or I just follow pop music? I've only really ever listened to Red and 1989 due to how present they were in pop music culture. Both are decent pop albums. Not my thing but I get the appeal. Being a Kanye fan during Pablo's drop helped also as it made things pretty clear that she didn't have very many intentions of growing. This album, and the songs on the radio right now from her, shouldn't exist.

No.

The idea that something shouldn’t exist in art just because you dislike it shouldn’t exist.

And it’s weekend so don’t expect me to continue this, enjoy yours. Cheers!

Bacon wrote:I mean I strongly dislike T-Swift in general. Like Numbers said, she just feels very manufactured.

BUT.... (aka the reason why I keep posting about it)
1989 was a great pop album though, for sure, even though it didn't scratch any specific itches for me. I don't go back to it much, but if I hear it on the radio, I don't mind. Solid stuff. Same for her old material. I'm annoyed at this stuff simply because I feel like this entire era is petty, self-righteous, and honestly....just boring. Especially to how much she changed between albums. The whole feel is inconsistent. It has its moments, but that can be said about 99.999% of albums. The thing as a whole is just a big waste of time tbh. Not to mention the manipulation of fans wanting to see her live for sales. It's just disappointing and slightly frustrating to see an icon get too big for her britches, especially when she's worshiped by her fanbase to an honestly worrying degree.
She's very manufactured. I listened to 1989 a few months ago because I wanted to see what was so special or 'great' about it and Taylor Swift in general because I'd never listened to any of her albums and every song on it sounds the same has the same formula. a few basic verses and then the hook in between and the hook at the end a quick fade out. Didn't get it then and still don't get it now. And then someone will say 'she writes her own songs', that's the go to defense from her fans. That's great :roll: and would mean something if the songs she writes had any substance.

Rolling Stone names Delicate as their No.1 song of 2017:

l m a o

I k r

Getaway Car
Dancing With Our Hands Tied
Don’t Blame Me

...are even better. But I’m glad they have musical taste. :thumbup: