Your favorite scenes [SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
Law
The prologue itself is one of the best scenes.. music and all.

A couple others
the reveal in the blue and red rooms, when you think the music is too loud and you can't hear what they're saying. But it's just Nolan fucking with you and they're speaking inverted
the whole back and forth with JDW and the waiter (actor from Following).. "I ordered my hot sauce an hour ago" or something like that was hilarous
The boat race scene? I think they were boats .. when Sator gets pushed off
the second airport scene, when JDW gets flung back out onto the tarmac and Neil is like :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Law wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 8:40 pm
the whole back and forth with JDW and the waiter (actor from Following).. "I ordered my hot sauce an hour ago" or something like that was hilarous
That line belongs to the kitchen fight which is also a really good scene - when that guitar started playing he kicked their asses. Love Kat’s line after he came out - so many funny moments in this film.
The prologue is one of the best scenes I’ve ever seen. What an epic way to open the movie.
I also love the train rail yard sequence. The way the trains come in when the torture starts. And the sound effects here are just incredible.

I loved the little details in the final battle, like when JDW steps on a block of rubble, realizes it’s inverted, and hops off before it flies backwards and the wall un-explodes. Similarly when that poor random dude is standing inside the building with a hole blown through the wall. The rubble starts to invert and he tried to get out of the building fast enough but he’s too late and the wall un-explodes and he gets flung back and trapped inside the building.

The entirety of scenes starting with firefighter protagonist stealing the “plutonium” to the highway chase to the red room/blue room to the reverse highway chase to the hallway fight 2.0 is just perfection, pure, untamed Nolan.

The prologue is honestly as good of cinema as I’ve seen in my life. I got chills throughout the whole scene. The music, the cinematography, man. I need to watch this agaiinnnnn

Forum Pro
Law
Tarssauce wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 8:54 pm
Law wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 8:40 pm
That line belongs to the kitchen fight which is also a really good scene - when that guitar started playing he kicked their asses. Love Kat’s line after he came out - so many funny moments in this film.
The prologue is one of the best scenes I’ve ever seen. What an epic way to open the movie.
I also love the train rail yard sequence. The way the trains come in when the torture starts. And the sound effects here are just incredible.
Oh yes you're right

KEM
Prologue and second Oslo sequence for sure

The absolute best sleeper scene imo is when wheeler is giving all her (natural and very cool) exposition and Jdw is suiting up to invert into the car chase

Then of course the palindromic fist fights and car chases are great too

Prologue too. Which strangely has more gun action where you see the impacts compared to the climax
Last edited by DarkChocolateOreo on September 1st, 2020, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you guys are forgetting
Kat diving out of the boat and revealing to us that she’s the woman she was envious of the whole time. i legit teared up

i’ll actually make the bold claim she’s Nolan’s best female character yet (not that it’s a particularly high bar to cross LOL)

Michaelf2225 wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 11:00 pm
you guys are forgetting
Kat diving out of the boat and revealing to us that she’s the woman she was envious of the whole time. i legit teared up

i’ll actually make the bold claim she’s Nolan’s best female character yet (not that it’s a particularly high bar to cross LOL)
It’s kinda easy to win that contest when your competition is all dead and you’re the only one left standing.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 11:00 pm
you guys are forgetting

ya this is one of the most graceful and moving things in any of his films.