Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
aleks989 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:10 pm
100% on point. I mean the thing I hate about Epic is their exclusivity issue. For instance this trailer can very well be debuted inside their game, however it also should drop online at the same time for non-children to see it/or perhaps just people who aren't gamers. No one should impose you to download the game or see a live streaming in-game again to see it...
It's a free game, and people are allowed to stream it, meaning that you don't even have to play the game to watch it. It's honestly way less "exclusive" than fucking IMAX prologue trailers, which I personally would have to cross like two country borders to get access to.

Sanchez wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:13 pm
aleks989 wrote:
100% on point. I mean the thing I hate about Epic is their exclusivity issue. For instance this trailer can very well be debuted inside their game, however it also should drop online at the same time for non-children to see it/or perhaps just people who aren't gamers. No one should impose you to download the game or see a live streaming in-game again to see it...
It's a free game, and people are allowed to stream it, meaning that you don't even have to play the game to watch it. It's honestly way less "exclusive" than fucking IMAX prologue trailers, which I personally would have to cross like two country borders to get access to.
Sanchez, I just want you to know that I love you.

I have no doubt it will drop on YouTube right after or shortly after it premieres on Fortnite. Having it on that game is simply viral marketing.

That Collider article is stupid.

"The majority of the game’s player base is reportedly made up of players ages 18-24, but it is overwhelmingly played by much younger kids."

Well that's not possible, is it? But the facts don't fit their shitty, pointless narrative.

Sanchez wrote:
aleks989 wrote:
this is the correct take

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:18 pm

"The majority of the game’s player base is reportedly made up of players ages 18-24, but it is overwhelmingly played by much younger kids."

Well, that's not possible, is it? But the facts don't fit their shitty, pointless narrative.
To play devil's advocate, the parents or any other adult relative probably download the game for their kids and they put their age in it.

But yeah that is a bad sentence and it doesn't consider the possibility of proxy players.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:18 pm

Well that's not possible, is it? But the facts don't fit their shitty, pointless narrative.
He's trying to say that the stats lie. I'm guessing that it's either harder to gather reports on kids' playing habits or that more children are putting in false birth dates and stuff. There is no way that the biggest player base is between 18 and 24.

Sanchez wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:52 pm
Well I had to come back for this...
Nolanfan93 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:18 pm
Fortnite is one of the worst BR games ever and seems quite weird to premiere the trailer on it. It's a cartoonish crap, aimed at 12-year olds.
I tried Fortnite once and instantly uninstalled it because I really disliked it. So don't think I'm a huge fan of that game. But this has to be the dumbest comment in this entire thread.

Fortnite is the biggest game in the world right now, with over 250 millon registered players, and 80 million monthly actice players. Last month they had 12 millon online at once for a huge event with Travis Scott. Whether you like the game or not is completely irrelevant, Epic Games are doing something right. And that's an understatement.

Even if 60% of their playerbase of 80M were kids, that still makes 30M that aren't. This is an absolutely brilliant move.
This is exactly it. It's putting Tenet, an unknown entity with no big stars, in front of a truly massive audience. The majority of players are 18-24 or younger, the most profitable and important audience for a blockbuster.

Even if a relatively small % of players take interest in the movie, that's millions of people. People who already clearly enjoy genre "high concept" fare, IE who might also dig Tenet. Brand awareness makes a massive difference.

Additionally: it also lets the Tenet trailer become an "event" online, and the air of exclusivity enhances the allure of the project to the audience involved in it. That's what Nolan meant by how this is similar to releasing a trailer in theaters.

-Vader

Sanchez wrote:
aleks989 wrote:
spot on

Vader182 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:27 pm
Sanchez wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 6:52 pm
Well I had to come back for this...
Nolanfan93 wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:18 pm
Fortnite is one of the worst BR games ever and seems quite weird to premiere the trailer on it. It's a cartoonish crap, aimed at 12-year olds.
I tried Fortnite once and instantly uninstalled it because I really disliked it. So don't think I'm a huge fan of that game. But this has to be the dumbest comment in this entire thread.

Fortnite is the biggest game in the world right now, with over 250 millon registered players, and 80 million monthly actice players. Last month they had 12 millon online at once for a huge event with Travis Scott. Whether you like the game or not is completely irrelevant, Epic Games are doing something right. And that's an understatement.

Even if 60% of their playerbase of 80M were kids, that still makes 30M that aren't. This is an absolutely brilliant move.
This is exactly it. It's putting Tenet, an unknown entity with no big stars, in front of a truly massive audience. The majority of players are 18-24 or younger, the most profitable and important audience for a blockbuster.

Even if a relatively small % of players take interest in the movie, that's millions of people. People who already clearly enjoy genre "high concept" fare, IE who might also dig Tenet. Brand awareness makes a massive difference.

Additionally: it also lets the Tenet trailer become an "event" online, and the air of exclusivity enhances the allure of the project to the audience involved in it. That's what Nolan meant by how this is similar to releasing a trailer in theaters.

-Vader
I think by now Christopher nolan is a bigger name then any actor pretty much.