Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
People are ridiculous. There have been zero rumblings about any sort of "separation" between the two. While both men are friends, they are still professionals first and foremost. I'm willing to bet my next paycheck that it's one or both of these two factors:

Zimmer is too busy with prior engagements.
Nolan wanted to work with new people.

Knowing how Chris operates, it's probably that cut and dry.

ChristNolan wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:28 pm
People are ridiculous. There have been zero rumblings about any sort of "separation" between the two. While both men are friends, they are still professionals first and foremost. I'm willing to bet my next paycheck that it's one or both of these two factors:

Zimmer is too busy with prior engagements.
Nolan wanted to work with new people.

Knowing how Chris operates, it's probably that cut and dry.
Totally agree. They are professionals, as all filmmakers should be, and a director can choose anyone for any role in a crew without the need to explain it to anyone. I'm not even sure it was scheduling conflicts, I feel it could be that for this particular script, Nolan wanted to try something else. That's it.

Yeah, Zimmer had already commited to a number of projects. Intriguing choice by Nolan, excited to see what he can bring to the table.

WHAT? Nolan like to work with the same crew, otherwise he would’ve replaced Van Hoytema too.

Zimmer is versatile composer who can literally score ANYTHING. So the maybe he’s not right for the project should be ruled out. I think it’s healthy that fans are concerned whether they would work together again or not. Their collaboration brought to life some of the best memorable scores.

Zimmer's schedule seemed to be so stacked.

I'll always take Zimmer over pretty much anyone else but I'm curious what Ludwig might do. Nolan hired him for a reason :-)

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:42 pm
I think it’s healthy that fans are concerned whether they would work together again or not.
Literally the opposite of healthy fan behavior.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:43 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:42 pm
I think it’s healthy that fans are concerned whether they would work together again or not.
Literally the opposite of healthy fan behavior.
Not sure I follow. What’s wrong with expressing sadness or wanting to see the two collaborate again? While still being positive and excited about the new duo in equal measure.

There’s no hate posts and petitions here. No extreme fanboyism.
Last edited by Tarssauce on May 22nd, 2019, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes please. Panther deserved that Oscar.£

Been a fan since Community. He will be great.

Angus wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:22 pm
I'm listening to Ludwig's score for the Death Wish remake, and holy shit, this is the man for the job. He was born to score a Nolan film.
Yes. It's great! :clap: