Behind the scenes - Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
radewart wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Geoffrey wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:11 am
Unless the father was on the set itself, what makes Nolan think he can tell people what they can and can't record?

Separately, looking at set pictures of slowly moving vehicles like this, doing take after take, always makes the movie look really visionless and tame, even if the final product is great. Like this.
It may be different in Estonia, but in most places if they are filming in a public area like a city street, then legally they can't really stop you from filming or taking pictures. Even if you post the video online, the film studio like Warner Bros. may try to threaten you with a "strong" email but they can't really make you take it down.
Of course they can´t really stop from filming or taking pictures, but that kind of announcements existing because it will stop people because it seemed real.Point of that kind of announcement is because it would make shooting time bigger if there have "foreigners".In Estonia we have public areas and private areas and if you are telling that you are filming not certain persons, but houses,locations of streets then nobody can´t stop you actually.Only by example if you are filming Nolan or Pattison or whatever person without his/her permission then they will ask to delete.But if you don´t do it, then they can´t take away .

No more photos from set?
I need this.

Ace

so what do you guys think is going on? maybe the police arrested the "terrorists" and they are holding them in that big blue vehicle. The lorry them comes to bail them out. A scene similar to The Dark Knight.

Pattinson and Washington’s characters will be the villain of the film

Nomis wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 8:34 am
Pioneerr wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 5:56 pm
Nomis wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:14 am

also what's this on top?

edit: nvm, I just saw that they're lights lol
Those seem to be Nucleosome 01 units, really powerfull LED lights. Which is awesome because Hoytema designed these lights himself.

And now people understand Hoytema's IG handle; honeycombmodular :)
if you look for film b roll, when these interior car setups appear, they are always always lit, there such a strong contrast between the exterior and interior exposures, it needs to be lit most of the time, id say 9 times out of ten, light is required, its usually the mark of a smaller film if the outside of the car is super overexposed (not that theres anything wrong with it really)
oh shit that's amazing

first time he's using those? I didn't saw them on Dunkirk

Btw, correct me if I'm wrong but don't they usually light such shots? Like, don't they always use natural lights for that set-up? Could that say something about what asa the film has? It doesn't look like a very cloudy day/less than favourable natural light conditions

Nomis wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 9:48 am
yeah I know but I was talking specifically about such a set-up with such strong lights lol
the lights were bouncing off the white board into the car

Tenet_fan25 wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 1:21 pm
Pattinson and Washington’s characters will be the villain of the film
interesting....

with Nolan, expect the unexpected.

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 1:28 pm
Nomis wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 9:48 am
yeah I know but I was talking specifically about such a set-up with such strong lights lol
the lights were bouncing off the white board into the car
During daylight, they have to use strong light in order to compensate the intensity of casual daylight.

If you need to light something during daylight and you use 1k or 2k projectors it will be hardly noticeable. It may depend, but if you want to make any diference during day you need to use at least from 5k up.

During daylight, they have to use strong light in order to compensate the intensity of casual daylight.

If you need to light something during daylight and you use 1k or 2k projectors it will be hardly noticeable. It may depend, but if you want to make any diference during day you need to use at least from 5k up.
Good stuff