TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 8:48 pm
iam4real wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm
Has there been a discussion had about Pattinsons character having both an American and English accent in different scenes?
Yes, I personally I think it's just a slip-up by Pattinson in his acting. He's obviously supposed to be English. I don't think Nolan is particular about accent consistency in his movies anyway. He gives his actor a lot of freedom than most other director.
How tf would it be a slip up? You think Nolan would let that pass? And do you think Pattinson is not capable of keeping an accent?

speedy117 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:04 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
iam4real wrote:
Has there been a discussion had about Pattinsons character having both an American and English accent in different scenes?
Yes, I personally I think it's just a slip-up by Pattinson in his acting. He's obviously supposed to be English. I don't think Nolan is particular about accent consistency in his movies anyway. He gives his actor a lot of freedom than most other director.
How tf would it be a slip up? You think Nolan would let that pass? And do you think Pattinson is not capable of keeping an accent?
It could be. Gary Oldman's New York accent wasn't always perfect. Batman and Bane's voice are not always comprehensible.

And using such language when discussing small details of a trailer of a movie ain't polite, bro.

speedy117 wrote:
Let's be real, Nolan isn't perfect, he lets minor goofs get through to the final cut all the time. Probably because he likes to do so few takes per shot (I remember there was some interview from a Dunkirk cast or crew member where they said Nolan just did like three takes each shot, then wanted to move on to the next one)

Just off the top of my head...
  • TDK, as mentioned by dragon_phoenix, Oldman lets his British accent slip through
  • TDK: Batman/Joker interrogation scene, a continuity error with Heath's right hand that I could never unsee once I learned about it :lol:
  • TDKR: Talia's death :lol:
  • TDKR, unnecessary cuts, like in the Bane sewer scene where he plants the tracker on his henchman and tells him to "Follow him" (Gordon)
  • TDKR Bane plane hijacking scene, the crew dropping down from the plane are obviously limp dummies for two shots
  • Dunkirk: Modern day fixtures in the background of some shots
  • Dunkirk: The smiling extra on the mole would've made it from the teaser into the final cut if it weren't for all the fuss that was made about it online
  • Interstellar: Tom's kid's *cough* *cough* "The dust" *cough* cough* weird line delivery
  • Interstellar: Odd sound editing in the conversation at the baseball game, look at Murph's mouth when she's supposed to be saying "You hate farming, Dad"

I love Nolan as much as anyone on this forum, but he's going to have mistakes in his movies like every other great director, they don't ruin the overall experience of his movies for me.

So yes, it's entirely possible that Pattinson, as talented as an actor as he is, slipped up on a few takes.

We won't know until we see the actual movie. It's entirely possible that it's intentional, and that Pattinson is playing two separate characters. Or maybe they'll end up using a different take from what we see in the trailer, or polish things up with ADR.

hotsauce32 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 1:18 am
speedy117 wrote:
Let's be real, Nolan isn't perfect, he lets minor goofs get through to the final cut all the time. Probably because he likes to do so few takes per shot (I remember there was some interview from a Dunkirk cast or crew member where they said Nolan just did like three takes each shot, then wanted to move on to the next one)

• TDK, as mentioned by dragon_phoenix, Oldman lets his British accent slip through
  • TDK: Batman/Joker interrogation scene, a continuity error with Heath's right hand that I could never unsee once I learned about it :lol:
  • TDKR, unnecessary cuts, like in the Bane sewer scene where he plants the tracker on his henchman and tells him to "Follow him" (Gordon)
  • TDKR Bane plane hijacking scene, the crew dropping down from the plane are obviously limp dummies for two shots
  • Dunkirk: The smiling extra on the mole would've made it from the teaser into the final cut if it weren't for all the fuss that was made about it online
  • Interstellar: Tom's kid's *cough* *cough* "The dust" *cough* cough* weird line delivery
  • Interstellar: Odd sound editing in the conversation at the baseball game, look at Murph's mouth when she's supposed to be saying "You hate farming, Dad"

I love Nolan as much as anyone on this forum, but he's going to have mistakes in his movies like every other great director, they don't ruin the overall experience of his movies for me.

So yes, it's entirely possible that Pattinson, as talented as an actor as he is, slipped up on a few takes.

We won't know until we see the actual movie. It's entirely possible that it's intentional, and that Pattinson is playing two separate characters. Or maybe they'll end up using a different take from what we see in the trailer, or polish things up with ADR.
Exactly! Nolan is well-known to be very efficient in filming, and sometimes he let minor imperfections let through.

Every movie he'd made, he finished it before the scheduled time and underbudget.

Aw man now im never going to unsee that from the dark knight rises prologue lol, its a bit of an eye sore now, but oh well haha.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:34 am
Aw man now im never going to unsee that from the dark knight rises prologue lol, its a bit of an eye sore now, but oh well haha.
Ah crap, sorry I had to ruin it :lol: . If it's any comfort, Nolan himself said he regrets how that shot looks. It was in an interview somewhere, I can't seem to find it though

hotsauce32 wrote:
speedy117 wrote:

Here's another one: At the beginning of Inception when Cobb is brought to Saito, the henchmen are carrying a DiCaprio dummy to the table.

speedy117 wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:
iam4real wrote:
Also, Pattinson is British - how do you slip into a fake American accent accidentally? :D Although I wouldn't obsess over this detail, I think it's just that sometimes his British accent is not that obvious and it might sound American, so I'm not even sure that's a slip. Also, I really don't care...

The_Maestro wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 3:49 am
Here's another one: At the beginning of Inception when Cobb is brought to Saito, the henchmen are carrying a DiCaprio dummy to the table.
Wow, watching that back, I never noticed! But I would say it's done well enough that I wouldn't list it as a "mistake" or goof. Cobb is supposed to be exhausted and limp there, it blends in perfectly.

hotsauce32 wrote:

The part in Interstellar with Tom’s kid...I had to try so hard not to laugh out loud when I rewatched this a couple months ago with my family. I knew it was coming, so I think that just made it worse. :lol: