TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Willem wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 9:02 am
Yes, post-production is very expensive. CGI only costs millions
But for Tenet the post-production will be very short, and I don't think there will be a lot of special effects...

Collins wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 9:30 am
Willem wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 9:02 am
Yes, post-production is very expensive. CGI only costs millions
But for Tenet the post-production will be very short, and I don't think there will be a lot of special effects...
I expect quite some special effects, VFX not particularly so but we don't know how much time they spend on those before they started shooting. Which means it could be as substantial as Interstellar's

Willem wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 9:35 am
Don't know how trustworthy this is exactly, but... here you go:

"Christopher Nolan’s new film ‘Tenet’ has a budget of nearly $250 million"
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2019/6 ... 50-million
They just picked up the source of the Estonian site, and rounded the 224 M$ in 250 ...

There hasn’t been like a full on proper press release yet has there?

Collins wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 10:20 am
Willem wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 9:35 am
Don't know how trustworthy this is exactly, but... here you go:

"Christopher Nolan’s new film ‘Tenet’ has a budget of nearly $250 million"
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2019/6 ... 50-million
They just picked up the source of the Estonian site, and rounded the 224 M$ in 250 ...
There isn't even a source mentioned. Take it with a grain of salt for now

Is there information, why they needed more actors to mass scenes when at first time they said they needed 1500, but they got 12 000 and 4000 of got chosen to scenes.
And now there have big drama because 20.06 and 21.06 have needed new actors.There will be applicate "old" and "newbies" from movie area.
https://kinoveeb.delfi.ee/uudised/ara-m ... d=86584385

They said that like this information released at last moment then probably all, who does not have visible tattoos,unnatural colour hair,will post application.

I know that by this point Nolan is basically the main selling point of his own films, but $200 million still seems astoundingly high for a non-franchise film considering there's no one in the cast that has the star power of someone like Leonardo DiCaprio to justify that large of a budget, if it is indeed true. That would make it his second most expensive film behind The Dark Knight Rises.

Dragon_316ca wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 9:55 am
https://news.err.ee/953516/government-m ... ie-support
"Tenet"'s overall budget is a reported €200 million, with the Tallinn-filmed scenes taking up about 20 minutes of the entire movie, including some key scenes, it is reported.
I've gotta say, if this is true, the budget scares me a bit. But then I remember this is still the guy who made a WWII arthouse film that grossed over $500 million worldwide, so I'm optimistic about the potential BO results. Still, I'm not buying into that report just yet. It seems too high.

Also, I've been following the news and updates regarding the road closures drama. It's kind of crazy to read this about a Nolan production, which is known to always go smoothly and well prepared.

However

külmavana wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 11:32 am
Also can we please stop these 10 paragraph lengthy posts about the Laagna street please. I come here to read people thoughts about the movie and not how transport and economy works in Estonia. And it is pointless topic because all the information comes from one side. And that side is not always the most credible source of information.

We dont know how serious Nolan was about getting that street closed in the first place. Maybe it was one of the options he would want to have but he probably has many backups already thought trough. It is still Nolan who are we talking about here.

Right now it feels that media people are trying to generate more drama around the topic than it is worth.

What’s the likelihood Nolan is filming a movie in two-parts, with a total budget of €200 M?