Favorite Dunkirk Quotes

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
"You can't leave us! Make some room!"

Been reciting that (in Alex's accent/voice, of course) every chance I get lately. :lol:

IDK why but "Put this on, my love" is stuck in my head lol. Also, "Come on, Farrier!" Is the new "Come on, TARS!".

I liked the part, also in prologue, when Tommy and Gibson are carrying the stretcher and have to walk the plank. The one soldier says something like "Have a crack at it".

the_red_ninja wrote:I liked the part, also in prologue, when Tommy and Gibson are carrying the stretcher and have to walk the plank. The one soldier says something like "Have a crack at it".
I think "Have a run at it," but yup. I still smile when they all cheer, kind of like the mini-goal within for everybody.

I wonder how Gibson ran across so easily with the view of his feet obstructed by the stretcher.

Recently, I’ve been having this problem, the word “mate” keeps popping up in my thoughts, especially when I’m thinking of something to say to someone while trying to be low-key salty, like “don’t touch me, mate.” Or “just give me my sandwich, mate.” And I believe this movie is to blame, especially the lines

“Grenadiers, mate.”
And
“He’s dead, mate.”

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:I liked the part, also in prologue, when Tommy and Gibson are carrying the stretcher and have to walk the plank. The one soldier says something like "Have a crack at it".
I think "Have a run at it," but yup. I still smile when they all cheer, kind of like the mini-goal within for everybody.

I wonder how Gibson ran across so easily with the view of his feet obstructed by the stretcher.
He said "Take a run at it."

"Gibson, leave it!"

It's not in the screenplay.

'You know Farrier, we really are Dunkirk.'