[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Lol Collins literally says five times "Come on, Farrier" when he's on the Moonstone and Farrier is fighting with the German bomber

Willem wrote:Lol Collins literally says five times "Come on, Farrier" when he's on the Moonstone and Farrier is fighting with the German bomber
Maybe that was when. I literally cannot remember.

Farrier also pronounce Collins' name when he's about to/has water-landed to check if he was alright.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
dormouse7 wrote:Thanks all.

Now here's an actual question...

Out of the 11 main characters, whose names are never spoken/revealed?

Dawson, Peter and George's names are all spoken.
Shivering Soldier has none.
Gibson - I don't think he gives his real name (though I don't understand French).
Bolton and Winnant - I think (not sure) they are mentioned (in introductions maybe)?
Farrier and Collins - not sure (generally called by their Fortis numbers)
Alex and Tommy - I don't remember hearing their names mentioned.
Gibson was said by Alex when he was trying to kick him off the boat and read "his" tag.

Nik82 wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:Gibson - I don't think he gives his real name (though I don't understand French).
Gibson was said by Alex when he was trying to kick him off the boat and read "his" tag.
She means the person's actual name, as Gibson is the name of the person whose identity he stole.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Nik82 wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:Gibson - I don't think he gives his real name (though I don't understand French).
She means the person's actual name, as Gibson is the name of the person whose identity he stole.
Well he's credited as Gibson so good enough for me.

According to the screenplay, all Gibson says in French is "I am French". Yeah I meant his real name.

And for anyone who has only seen it once, I recommend seeing it again. I was much more able to concentrate on details (especially with knowing where to look).

Your eyes are directed to Dawson's head before the tussle and my eyes stayed around his head and neck the first time - I did not notice Shivering's elbow hitting George at all until the second time when I knew to watch for it.

Unfortunately I still think the water is too murky in the trawler to see exactly how Gibson dies. I know what Wikipedia says about ankle caught in a chain but I wasn't seeing it. Maybe when I have the DVD can can replay it over and over. I feel bad Gibson didn't get a good face closeup for his death scene. Just his hand. (as far as I could see). Sad.

dormouse7 wrote:According to the screenplay, all Gibson says in French is "I am French". Yeah I meant his real name.

And for anyone who has only seen it once, I recommend seeing it again. I was much more able to concentrate on details (especially with knowing where to look).

Your eyes are directed to Dawson's head before the tussle and my eyes stayed around his head and neck the first time - I did not notice Shivering's elbow hitting George at all until the second time when I knew to watch for it.

Unfortunately I still think the water is too murky in the trawler to see exactly how Gibson dies. I know what Wikipedia says about ankle caught in a chain but I wasn't seeing it. Maybe when I have the DVD can can replay it over and over. I feel bad Gibson didn't get a good face closeup for his death scene. Just his hand. (as far as I could see). Sad.
I don't think it's possible to see exactly which part of his body was caught up with what, but he's stuck and struggling. That's all the movie needs to show.

I've seen it four times now and it doesn't show the reason why he's struggling.

No chain or rope are shown. No ankles entangled either.

You can hear it, though. You can hear the chain. I heard it both times I saw it. First time I thought it was a sound effect, more like something icy or something. After ya'll mentioned the chain and I re-heard it, I was able to tell myself what I was hearing.

Don't remember him actually getting snagged, though.