[SPOILERS] Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
And that right there is the deeper message, brilliant.

To be honest, seeing Farrier's Spitfire fly/float above the Dunkirk beach in pure silence - not hearing the plane engine - and with all the troops looking up (and later with cheering), is probably my favourite scene in the movie. That was so powerful - emphasizes the huge sacrifice he made.

It has the best ending of all of Nolan's movies imo

Oku
MyCocaine wrote:A high pitched Hardy saying 'Where's the convoy' gave me a good chuckle.
I don't remember that scene, when did he say that?

prowlercomesaround wrote:The way they handled Hardy's character was brilliant. I felt a huge relief when he survived but it was also very sad because of what awaited him. Five years in a prison camp or, most likely, death by firing squad.
This scene broke me. I burst into tears from relief when he finally landed, because I thought FOR SURE he was gonna crash. And then I absolutely lost it when he was dragged away by the enemy.

Also, the character underwater (the actor's name escapes me), who couldn't hold his breath anymore, but KNEW he was coming up for air only to burn to death.... God that was heart-wrenching. My mom and I both cried at that.

Aneurin's Gibson drowning hurt too. It killed me that he was staying behind to plug the holes so much longer because Alex made him think he had to prove that he deserved to belong, deserved to live, and because of that..... he didn't. That shattered my heart, I felt so bad for him.

As for Harry..... well, I loved him, obviously. I thought that second ship where he tried to get rid of Gibson was really great and such a departure from how I usually know him. He was fantastic.

Hell, everyone was fantastic across the board.

"What do you see?" "Home." I sobbed at that part with all the ships coming in, it was so, so beautiful.

Tom Hardy and Mark Rylance freaking MVP's of the movie!!! Hardy is so brilliant at conveying only with the eyes.

Ruth wrote: It truly has some of the shittiest moments (even if small) for my poor soul.
I hated Styles character's guts in this, such a dick. But then the kid couldn't even look at other people because he was so ashamed of having let them down, jesus. The other soldiers asking Collins "where were you when we needed you (or something like that)" in a pissed off manner, like come on man wtf. :( Barnard's character was one huge "WHY NO WTF" moment for me.

But I kind of lost it when the captain's son was going to the local newspaper's for George
GOD yes. Him being terrified they'd hate him for "deserting", Gibson, the newspaper..... gaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Oku
Elyk988 wrote:Tom Hardy and Mark Rylance freaking MVP's of the movie!!! Hardy is so brilliant at conveying only with the eyes.
His eyes looked so frightening, though. :lol:

It kept reminding me of Bane, that he was going to reach through the screen at any moment and punch me in the face.

The scene with Hardy being the hero vs the bomber gave me fucking chills and when all the timelines meet up at the end.

Also its great opening this thread and reading all the spoilers after seeing it

ok, perhaps I missed this at the very end of movie( credit rolling)??

StyleslovesTomlinson wrote:
Aneurin's Gibson drowning hurt too. It killed me that he was staying behind to plug the holes so much longer because Alex made him think he had to prove that he deserved to belong, deserved to live, and because of that..... he didn't. That shattered my heart, I felt so bad for him.
I also think Gibson was the last one to leave because he simply didnt understand what was being said when the others left. And thats why Alex god a bit of redemption when he called Gibsons name to tell him to leave, because thats what he could understand. Like Alex tried to make up for the mistake of wanting to sacrifies him.
-----
Not sure if we still have to use spoiler tags?