Rotten Tomatoes Predictions

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
85%

And I don't feel like reading all of this Mad Max: Fury Road discussion above. It's probably the best action movie of the 21st century and that's all I have to add.

CoMeT wrote:And I don't feel like reading all of this Mad Max: Fury Road discussion above. It's probably the best action movie of the 21st century and that's all I have to add.
I approve of this post.

80/85% critics, 85/90% public.

there is video about the dunkirk prologue and some fans are talking about their experience. Someone said:

it gold digital sound. BOOOMMM!! SEATSA MOVEEE

Oku
Ruth wrote:It IS possible to not be generic while using character tropes that are as old as time. Besides, I would argue a young, scared and inexperienced (I assume) soldier as a lead is incredibly standart for a WWII movie

And HOW is Dunkirk not that if it hasn't come out yet?

This is a very awkward discussion, good lord.
I already addressed that point when I said, "You might have seen these things in other types of movies, but not in an action movie, which is the point that I'm trying to make (or rather, that other user is)."

A "young, scared and inexperienced" soldier may be "standard" for a WWII movie, but not for an action thrill ride movie, which is the entire point of this discussion.

Context matters; and the context is, critics were kind to Mad Max: Fury Road because it was a 10/10 action movie that pushed the action genre to the max, while still being a traditional action movie.

What do you mean, "HOW is Dunkirk not that if it hasn't come out yet??"? I already explained that.

Dunkirk is not like Mad Max: Fury Road because it is not staying in the comfort zone of what people expect out of an action movie, for the reasons I already stated:
It doesn't have a badass tough action hero leads to root for.
It doesn't have a villain that does villainy things for you to hate so you cheer when he finally is defeated.
It doesn't have he plucky group of heroes taking on a much larger faceless army of villains and overcoming insurmountable odds to somehow emerge victorious.

This is not an awkward discussion at all. It's just facts.
Vader182 wrote:
okungnyo wrote: Mad Max: Fury Road follows some pretty standard beats:
I've been telling all of you, this guy's posts are not good.

-Vader
Are you denying that it has those things?

For context for anyone reading, this Vader182 person likes to follow me around, and then tries to start arguments with me.
Last edited by Oku on June 17th, 2017, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hamido wrote:there is video about the dunkirk prologue and some fans are talking about their experience. Someone said:

it gold digital sound. BOOOMMM!! SEATSA MOVEEE
sweet !

69%. If you know what I mean.

okungnyo wrote: For context for anyone reading, this Vader182 person likes to follow me around, and then tries to start arguments with me.
If you're going to post here stop having really bad posts. We have enough of them as-is.

Anyway, in fairness to you if all you watched was Robert Wiene, F. W. Murnau and, like, Dreyer I could kind of understand thinking some of what Fury Road does is generic in some ways...

-Vader

No, this IS an awkward discussion, and a very pointless one as well. Not sure I have enough energy to argue with someone who is very clearly blinded by this movie and its hype. I honestly have no idea why a movie like Fury Road is even being compared to Dunkirk, if the latter is good, I'm sure there's gonna be enough place under the Sun for two great different movies :facepalm: