Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
My vote is with Hoyte. Especially since Hoyte's style would work well with a war film.

Maybe Lubetzki will be candidate for Nolan. We all know that Nolan is a huge fan of Malick, Lubetzki is his usual DP and also he doesn't have any work after Revenant. But in any case Hoytema is 99% percent a lock.

I'd be happy with Hoyte, but I'm hoping for someone new (in terms of nolan films)

Nauta wrote:I'd be happy with Hoyte, but I'm hoping for someone new (in terms of nolan films)
Lmao at your avy :thumbup:

I don't see Lubezki as the right kind of DP for Nolan. I love him, and would be crazy excited, but his style is way to stylized for Nolan's more blockbuster approach to cinematography, in my opinion.

eisentower30 wrote:I don't see Lubezki as the right kind of DP for Nolan. I love him, and would be crazy excited, but his style is way to stylized for Nolan's more blockbuster approach to cinematography, in my opinion.
WTF does that mean? Blockbuster cinematography? This ain't no Marvel movie.

Lubezki would fit Nolan's style perfectly. Nolan has been imitating Malick his entire career.

I love how everyone is saying Lubezki again just like when Interstellar was announced, as if this time it's really going to happen lol

ComptonTerry wrote:I love how everyone is saying Lubezki again just like when Interstellar was announced, as if this time it's really going to happen lol
Well, he doesn't have any upcoming projects. A person can only dream.

Though I'm sure he will pick Hoytema once again.

Forum Pro
Law
MyCocaine wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:I don't see Lubezki as the right kind of DP for Nolan. I love him, and would be crazy excited, but his style is way to stylized for Nolan's more blockbuster approach to cinematography, in my opinion.
WTF does that mean? Blockbuster cinematography? This ain't no Marvel movie.

Lubezki would fit Nolan's style perfectly. Nolan has been imitating Malick his entire career.
How dare you talk to Mike like that.

MyCocaine wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:I love how everyone is saying Lubezki again just like when Interstellar was announced, as if this time it's really going to happen lol
Well, he doesn't have any upcoming projects. A person can only dream.

Though I'm sure he will pick Hoytema once again.
I don't think it has anything to do with if he's available, I just don't see Nolan working with a DP that's that established. Sure Hoyte is becoming quite established but at the time of Interstellar he wasn't as much and Nolan has already worked with him so he will try to stick him him most likely.