Dunkirk's Cinematography

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Havoc1st wrote:
T-minus 10 wrote:What pfister did is a good and logical move in advancing his career, but his problem was choosing a large scale action film with too many risks, instead he should choose a small almost indie crime/thriller film with little risks.
People would most probably be disappointed if Pfister chose a small project instead of a big one.
Well i don't know if he's famous enough that people can demand anything, but look where this got him, he'll probably go back to shooting erotic films again (It's inevitable and natural).

EDIT: I'm just kidding, and pfister is great without a doubt, but he just need to find the right material.

it was his firrrst moooovie. kubrick did 3 movies, a bunch of documentaries and was a photographer for years before he churned out anything good.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:it was his firrrst moooovie. kubrick did 3 movies, a bunch of documentaries and was a photographer for years before he churned out anything good.
Yea af.

Very disconcerting how many directors are written off after their feature debut these days.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:it was his firrrst moooovie. kubrick did 3 movies, a bunch of documentaries and was a photographer for years before he churned out anything good.

To get back on topic, I think it's gotta be Hoyte. More interesting though is if Nolan will return to his urban cityscapes or if he'll remain outside of it? Visually this would be a HUGE stylistic change. (I also think it's why interstellar through some people off)

shauner111 wrote:
watch fear and desire then post that gif i dares ya

atilasantos wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:I always thought Pacino should have been Maroni in TDK... never knew that was possible at one point.
I'm not sure about it. I think Pacino is too big for such a small role.
He's had smaller roles in some terrible movies in recent years. I think it would be fine.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
shauner111 wrote:
watch fear and desire then post that gif i dares ya
The Killing is pretty great, though.

The Killing is my favorite early Kubrick, I like it even more than Paths of Glory

The Killing is pretty much Kubricks first real film. If you said "his first two weren't so good", i would have to agree. They were experiments coming from a guy who was in his mid-20s, doing everything himself, seeing if he can make a film. It's not far off from Nolan with Following (only Nolan's effort was much better).