Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
It's not a big deal.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
okungnyo wrote:
a Spitfire or German plane crashing, which we haven't really seen in marketing.
How severe is that spoiler? I want to click but not if it's some big twist.
Nothing you don't already anticipate, probably. It isn't spoiler-y for me anyway.

Just don't comment about it without spoiler tags, please.

Chris Hewitt‏Verified account
@ChrisHewitt
Follow
More
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you DUNKIRK is incredible - epic, intense and gripping. A real palm-sweater. So forget I said anything.

Empire magazine.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Just don't comment about it without spoiler tags, please.
This. And stop misusing the spoiler tag just to put emphasis on something. And if it's to hide a large picture tell people it's not a spoiler.

Willem wrote:
Innovator wrote:
Willem wrote:Universal Core told me he heard that critics - including Academy members - are really, really positive about the movie. Some said it was "the best film they've ever seen."
Are we sure that twitter account is legit, though? Didn't he say he heard something "HUGE" happens in the film, but we haven't heard anything about it apart from the narrative structure.
He's 100% legit, he's part of the industry.

And the "HUGE" thing happening in the movie is probably
I wouldn't consider that to be "HUGE" by any means, but I guess I can't also prove otherwise until we get to see it for ourselves.

Back on topic, I was thinking American critics would be harsher on this than European critics, but so far so good.

Willem wrote:
Innovator wrote:
Willem wrote:Universal Core told me he heard that critics - including Academy members - are really, really positive about the movie. Some said it was "the best film they've ever seen."
Are we sure that twitter account is legit, though? Didn't he say he heard something "HUGE" happens in the film, but we haven't heard anything about it apart from the narrative structure.
He's 100% legit, he's part of the industry.

And the "HUGE" thing happening in the movie is probably
Could just be that the structure is Memento-ish. Lot of people thought it seemed like a straightforward war movie. Marketing gives away nothing about how crazy the structure might be...compare that with Inception where you kinda figured anything involving dreams is gonna be nuts. :lol:

Ace
Anne Thompson on Twitter
I went into Dunkirk with high expectations: Chris Nolan's intensely immersive war movie exceeded them. Must see hear and feel in IMAX!

Katie Walsh‏Verified account
@katiewalshstx

Guys, ya gotta see Dunkirk in 70mm IMAX. It's just astonishing.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Could just be that the structure is Memento-ish. Lot of people thought it seemed like a straightforward war movie. Marketing gives away nothing about how crazy the structure might be...compare that with Inception where you kinda figured anything involving dreams is gonna be nuts. :lol:
There is one piece of marketing that does tease it, and it's the best piece of marketing for the film