IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
genloovers wrote:Anyone else find that extra to be totally distracting? I can't take my eye off him every time I watch the prologue. :?
Well, your avatar is an all time reminder of that extra. Changing it might help.

genloovers wrote:Anyone else find that extra to be totally distracting? I can't take my eye off him every time I watch the prologue. :?
its because of your avatar, bro

Rubow89 wrote:
Yes I can't believe they're still using that shot. Hopefully it's edited for the final film
I hope they edit it out, too, or at least use an alternate take.

Havoc1st wrote:
Not me. Completely forgot about him while watching the prologue.
As soon as the shot came in I got curious instantly if they used another shot. They pretty much cut him by using a cutaway, so I think a lot of you are nitpicking! Maybe they can trim half a sec after the cutaway to satisfy everyone. That cutaway gave me a "nerd chill" so they better keep that!

First of all, they used a really smart cut to hide the face. Second, they changed his face with CGI. Third of all, there were so many intense things happening during the prologue that my brain couldn't even think of this guy's mile. If it still bothers you, you're just purposely paying attention to it.

Please stop crying about the face.

willaartwillem wrote:First of all, they used a really smart cut to hide the face. Second, they changed his face with CGI. Third of all, there were so many intense things happening during the prologue that my brain couldn't even think of this guy's mile. If it still bothers you, you're just purposely paying attention to it.

Nolan accidentally "inceptionized" them! :D

willaartwillem wrote:First of all, they used a really smart cut to hide the face. Second, they changed his face with CGI. Third of all, there were so many intense things happening during the prologue that my brain couldn't even think of this guy's mile. If it still bothers you, you're just purposely paying attention to it.

Right

They didn't use a cut to hide his face. That aerial shot would have been used anyway o show the POV of the incoming plane. It's not his face that's worrying; now, it's his awkward look around stutter before ducking that's distracting.