IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
User avatar
Oku
Posts: 3301
Joined: May 2012
Why not watch twice?

Is the theater far?

Posts: 2589
Joined: January 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Probably going to see Dunkirk on the 19th at midnight (first screening) with some friends, and then the 20th at 8PM, which was the original date I planned. Both in digital IMAX (onfortunately, but it's still okay :)).

Posts: 1814
Joined: December 2016
How many viewings a day is considered healthy? :D
I was originally planning to see it Digital IMAX first then see at a crowded regular theater (the IMAX is usually empty, and I like to witness people's reactions). But I feel like I might enjoy the IMAX screening too much and go for another viewing in IMAX.

Posts: 510
Joined: July 2017
AhmadAli95 wrote:How many viewings a day is considered healthy? :D
I was originally planning to see it Digital IMAX first then see at a crowded regular theater (the IMAX is usually empty, and I like to witness people's reactions). But I feel like I might enjoy the IMAX screening too much and go for another viewing in IMAX.
Probably 1 time. You'll probably get hearing damage seeing it over and over again. IMAX is really loud.

Posts: 1814
Joined: December 2016
IMAX is loud indeed and add to that how Nolan likes to mix his movies...
Although I've seen two movies in IMAX in one day before, not too bad.

Posts: 2577
Joined: June 2016
Question - wasn't there supposed to be an "I saw Dunkirk in 70mm" T-shirt for people who go to the first 70mm (or 70mm IMAX) showings? My tickets are now for the first show, first night, at a 70mm IMAX but I saw nothing about T-shirts (was giving free Zimmer track, like the other showings).

Posts: 1814
Joined: December 2016
Maybe they're handing them out at the screenings (if you meant that you were expecting to get the shirts immediately when the tickets are purchased).

Posts: 8828
Joined: December 2011
AhmadAli95 wrote:Maybe they're handing them out at the screenings (if you meant that you were expecting to get the shirts immediately when the tickets are purchased).
that is correct, they are handing them out at screenings

Posts: 2577
Joined: June 2016
No - I didn't not expect the t-shirt immediately. I expected Fandango might list the T-shirt among the "special VIP gifts" the showing promised, but the first 70mm IMAX showing (6:30PM Thursday July 20) listed the same VIP gift as the other 70mm showings - the Zimmer track.

Posts: 93
Joined: April 2017
Geoffrey wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:How many viewings a day is considered healthy? :D
I was originally planning to see it Digital IMAX first then see at a crowded regular theater (the IMAX is usually empty, and I like to witness people's reactions). But I feel like I might enjoy the IMAX screening too much and go for another viewing in IMAX.
Probably 1 time. You'll probably get hearing damage seeing it over and over again. IMAX is really loud.
I'm going to see it in IMAX though I'm a little concerned about the film's volume levels. The prologue and many of Nolan's other films are super loud.

Post Reply