IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

okungnyo wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:I called Imperial in Copenhagen to know if they're are getting a 70mm print. The person I talked to was clueless. Firstly, he hadn't heard of Dunkirk and secondly he didn't seem to know what 70mm was. I'm almost certain they will get it though since they showed both Interstellar and Hateful Eight in 70mm. Also, IMAX in Cinemaxx is digital.
How can a theater worker have not heard of Dunkirk and not even know what 70mm is!! :shock:
I worked at movie theater ten years ago. A lot of employees are not told about upcoming movies. Unless you pay attention to the trailers you watch you know every little about upcoming movies. It does not surprise me that they would not know what 70mm very films today use it so it is not something they telling their employees. They may tell them when Dunkirk is released it is 70mm but not month and half before the release.

CHICAGO info for those in the windy city:

-Don't count on Navy Pier being open, it probably won't be. We're fucked as far as laser goes.

-Cinemark and Seven Bridges IMAX has literally no idea if they're getting a film print of it. And won't find out until 1-2 weeks before if that. They found out about TDKR last minute and found out they weren't getting Interstellar last minute too.

The management of that theater I'm close with and they'll try to get a print if they can. But it's 99% up to WB on levels they have no contact with.

-Regal in Lincolnshire is in the same boat. They haven't heard anything and weren't expecting a print.

-The Music Box theater in Wrigleyville is getting a 2.40 AR 70mm print.

My guess is that Nolan will want a real film IMAX print to be shown in his home American city of Chicago, so due to Navy Pier most likely being closed they'll probably distribute that print somewhere and perhaps to Cinemark or Regal. OR they say oh they're already getting a 70mm print in 2.40 fuck 'em.

But either way we won't know until 1-2 weeks before. Frankly I'm raging about this. Navy Pier totally butchered it's opening schedule and closed the theater way too late for renovations and are missing all the Summer movies. The fact this is being caused by negligence makes it worse.

Anyhow we'll see. I may make plans to try and see it in laser/film IMAX out of state.

-Vader

What about the Science and Industry Museum? Do they ever play mainstream releases or just nature and science documentaries?

Disappointed in Navy Pier. Then that place has been so poorly run over the years. Saw Interstellar there and the film broke twice, once right in the middle of the tidal wave scenes. Missed the majority of the scene. Place didn't give any kind of refund or voucher either.

radewart wrote:What about the Science and Industry Museum? Do they ever play mainstream releases or just nature and science documentaries?

Disappointed in Navy Pier. Then that place has been so poorly run over the years. Saw Interstellar there and the film broke twice, once right in the middle of the tidal wave scenes. Missed the majority of the scene. Place didn't give any kind of refund or voucher either.
It has new management. And they're worse.

-Vader

Whoa that really sucks

hope you can find a better place

Vader182 wrote:CHICAGO info for those in the windy city:

-Don't count on Navy Pier being open, it probably won't be. We're fucked as far as laser goes.

-Cinemark and Seven Bridges IMAX has literally no idea if they're getting a film print of it. And won't find out until 1-2 weeks before if that. They found out about TDKR last minute and found out they weren't getting Interstellar last minute too.

The management of that theater I'm close with and they'll try to get a print if they can. But it's 99% up to WB on levels they have no contact with.

-Regal in Lincolnshire is in the same boat. They haven't heard anything and weren't expecting a print.

-The Music Box theater in Wrigleyville is getting a 2.40 AR 70mm print.

My guess is that Nolan will want a real film IMAX print to be shown in his home American city of Chicago, so due to Navy Pier most likely being closed they'll probably distribute that print somewhere and perhaps to Cinemark or Regal. OR they say oh they're already getting a 70mm print in 2.40 fuck 'em.

But either way we won't know until 1-2 weeks before. Frankly I'm raging about this. Navy Pier totally butchered it's opening schedule and closed the theater way too late for renovations and are missing all the Summer movies. The fact this is being caused by negligence makes it worse.

Anyhow we'll see. I may make plans to try and see it in laser/film IMAX out of state.

-Vader
Pretty hard to believe the 3rd largest city in the country doesn't have a good option for IMAX Film or Laser. Seems the Indianapolis White River IMAX is your best chance. It's listed on Reddit for 70mm Dunkirk. It's a good size screen too at 62 feet tall and 84 feet wide. That's identical height and only 1.3 feet less wide than Navy Pier.

http://www.lfexaminer.com/searchResults ... apolis+Imx

http://www.lfexaminer.com/searchResults ... ago+NP+AMC

If it makes you feel any better, that's only a 3 hour drive from Chicago. I'm driving close to 6 hours from bumfvck West Texas to see it in Austin, TX.

Thanks for looking but that's a dome theater (I believe) and I won't go to a dome. Believe me, if all it took was a 3 hour drive I'd be over the moon.

As is, I'm considering flying to Seattle.

-Vader

You sure it's Dome? They don't mention that or OmniMAX anywhere on their website. The screen dimension is identical to the flat IMAX in Austin at the Bullock Museum (84 feet wide, 62 feet tall).

Vader182 wrote:As is, I'm considering flying to Seattle.

-Vader
lmao