IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
On the dunkirkmovie.com "Buy Tickets" map, the marker for King of Prussia is RED. eehhhh I am having a meltdown at worrkkkk.... I have great seats BUT will they get their projector working....

I asked today an employee from Pathé (biggest cinema chain in Holland) in which theaters Dunkirk will be shown in the full aspect ratio. He responded that they could only answer that when they receive the movie in the week of the release. Is that not a bit weird? They own multiple IMAX theaters, so they should know exactly how to show them right?

Pioneerr wrote:I asked today an employee from Pathé (biggest cinema chain in Holland) in which theaters Dunkirk will be shown in the full aspect ratio. He responded that they could only answer that when they receive the movie in the week of the release. Is that not a bit weird? They own multiple IMAX theaters, so they should know exactly how to show them right?
Holland doesn't have any full AR IMAXes as far as I'm aware. Only 1.90:1. And if they did, they'd have to play it in laser or 70mm to get the full 1.43:1

Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:It's really complicated. And yes people are allowed to have computers :D Saudi is not NK but it's not the US either.
Saudi Arabia is a VERY conservative country or at least that's what the majority wants to believe.
It's also a VERY Islamic country, so Islamic scholars (Sheikhs) have a lot of control on what's allowed and what's not. Some believe that movies are the devil (not literally) and would affect people in a negative way :facepalm: but the truth is, the majority of people watch movies all the time, on TV, Netflix, torrent, etc...
Another aspect is segregation (which's gonna take pages to explain how it works here) but simply, a lot of people have an issue with men and women sitting in one room together minding their own business and watching a movie.
The ironic thing is a lot of people travel to other countries to go to the cinema. So I just sit and laugh at my own country for being this ridiculous lol. If you have more questions I'll happily answer them privately so we don't derail this thread, or we can open a thread to discuss this in another section.
Yes, that's what I mean.

They ban movie theaters, but then freely allow computers, which allow people to access anything and everything.

...makes complete sense.
redfirebird2008 wrote:Got my tickets for Laser IMAX on 7/21 and 7/22. :D
Why not 7/20 too, does the museum not have Thursday showings??
Tangerine wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:Oh F now I am scared. My cinema (King of Prussia IMAX) was the one having technical issues, was on the WB list, then changed to Coming Soon, then off the list, then Coming Soon.

Then, about 36 hours late, IMAX 70mm tickets went on sale and Taxman and I and perhaps Michael bought tickets.

NOW that cinema no longer has any IMAX Film showtimes on Fandango...
I spoke to a manager yesterday and asked about them adding times for the 20th and he said they expect them to be added in the next couple of days, but they were "fighting with the film" (which I guess is the projector). Very frustrating and confusing but hopefully it's figured out soon. I'll take an IMAX digital print at this point rather than having to go hours away to see the IMAX 70mm. And I'll never see a proper movie at the Tuttleman again.
Why, what happened at the Tuttleman?

okungnyo wrote: Why, what happened at the Tuttleman?
Tuttleman is a dome
Last edited by Michaelf2225 on July 7th, 2017, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy

AhmadAli95 wrote:It's really complicated. And yes people are allowed to have computers :D Saudi is not NK but it's not the US either.
Saudi Arabia is a VERY conservative country or at least that's what the majority wants to believe.
It's also a VERY Islamic country, so Islamic scholars (Sheikhs) have a lot of control on what's allowed and what's not. Some believe that movies are the devil (not literally) and would affect people in a negative way :facepalm: but the truth is, the majority of people watch movies all the time, on TV, Netflix, torrent, etc...
Another aspect is segregation (which's gonna take pages to explain how it works here) but simply, a lot of people have an issue with men and women sitting in one room together minding their own business and watching a movie.
The ironic thing is a lot of people travel to other countries to go to the cinema. So I just sit and laugh at my own country for being this ridiculous lol. If you have more questions I'll happily answer them privately so we don't derail this thread, or we can open a thread to discuss this in another section.
This is super interesting, though I already knew all of that. I'm glad you don't seem to share any of those views tho. :D

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Tuttleman is a dome
Correct.

Any Philly area people been to the Delaware Riverfront or Neshaminy? I assume they're LIEMAX but it may be the best option for now outside of NYC.

Oku
Michaelf2225 wrote:
Tuttleman is a dome
Oh so you meant that as in, "I gave it a go once, and it was so terrible that I will never do it again".

I thought you meant something like, "[The theater now only screens documentaries, so] I'll never see a proper movie at the Tuttleman again".

i wasn’t the one who said i’d never see a movie there again - just mentioning why he/she most likely wouldn’t want to