Trailer #2

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

stanley wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:Universal Core verifies Dunkirk surprise w/ all IMAX Rogue One.

https://twitter.com/Universal__Core/sta ... 0834148353
So does this mean *all IMAX showings, including digital IMAX / IMAX 3D? All I have in my area for Rogue One is lame IMAX 3D digital.
Yes. IMAX 3D is essentially digital IMAX. It becomes 3D once they start playing rogue one which is in 3D format. Still weird that ALL IMAX showings in the vicinity of my city and beyond are 3D as well. WTF?

So this means we - the plebs with no access to IMAX whatsoever - will be getting high res quality bootlegs of the prologue?

genloovers wrote:
stanley wrote:

So does this mean *all IMAX showings, including digital IMAX / IMAX 3D? All I have in my area for Rogue One is lame IMAX 3D digital.
Yes. IMAX 3D is essentially digital IMAX. It becomes 3D once they start playing rogue one which is in 3D format. Still weird that ALL IMAX showings in the vicinity of my city and beyond are 3D as well. WTF?
Wait are we talking about the trailer or the Prologue? It says all IMAX shows have a "Dunkirk surprise." Wouldn't the trailer be attached to all Rogue One showings?

If we're talking about the prologue - I thought that was only being shown at true 70mm IMAX screens?

Wait are we talking about the trailer or the Prologue? It says all IMAX shows have a "Dunkirk surprise." Wouldn't the trailer be attached to all Rogue One showings?

If we're talking about the prologue - I thought that was only being shown at true 70mm IMAX screens?
I'm pretty certain they're referring to the prologue. This was specifically an IMAX announcement. The question was whether the prologue would be limited to only 70mm IMAXs. In the tweet they say ALL IMAXs. Has to be the prologue.

genloovers wrote:
stanley wrote:

It all depends on the film and what format the studio forces. In R1's case, aside from the 70mm shows in 15 locations worldwide , it's all 3D in IMAX.

Also quick reminder that anyone saying the Dunkirk prologue will be restricted to one IMAX format or another is just speculating at this point.

antovolk wrote: It all depends on the film and what format the studio forces. In R1's case, aside from the 70mm shows in 15 locations worldwide , it's all 3D in IMAX.

Also quick reminder that anyone saying the Dunkirk prologue will be restricted to one IMAX format or another is just speculating at this point.
So is that Universal Core twitter an official source on this?

My main concern is that I reserved Rogue One on a non IMAX showing, because I hate 3D. But are you saying that most likely all IMAX showings will get the prologue? If so that's very different then what happened with the previous prologue's.

stanley wrote:
antovolk wrote: It all depends on the film and what format the studio forces. In R1's case, aside from the 70mm shows in 15 locations worldwide , it's all 3D in IMAX.

So is that Universal Core twitter an official source on this?

My main concern is that I reserved Rogue One on a non IMAX showing, because I hate 3D. But are you saying that most likely all IMAX showings will get the prologue? If so that's very different then what happened with the previous prologue's.
No. but they are trustworthy. obviously, best to wait and see what IMAX announce but yes, it's looking to be all IMAX formats. Digital, laser and 70mm.

It's different from TDKR because that was 70mm only, TDK was all IMAX showings incl digital.

I was at the inlaws and saw that Universal_Core tweet go by. Later, on the way home, I was remembering Universal_Core seems to be an entertainment twitter and not anyone official from anywhere.

On Dec 8 he said "7 minutes of #Dunkirk in IMAX 70MM>>> #StarWarsRogueOne". He also tweeted some interesting stuff when Nolan was filming at the Universal lot.

So I don't know what he means by "surprise". I all hoping all IMAX theaters have received SOMETHING Dunkirk (2 min or 7 min) and that most will choose to show it.