Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
He's heading towards a salary between $70-75 million excluding DVD shares and pay-TV revenue.

Given his $20 million upfront and 20% gross deal not to be confused with net points.

He gets his share once theatres owners takes their cut. DOM 50-55% / OS 40-45% / China 25%

Domestic Monday was $2.71 million, down about 18.5% from last Monday. There was a regional holiday in parts of Canada on Monday, so it definitely seemed to help the gross.

very solid

Oku

A sign of things to come this weekend: DUNKIRK ($2.7M) and THE EMOJI MOVIE ($2.2M) both topped THE DARK TOWER ($2M) on Monday.
8-)

natalie wrote:
A sign of things to come this weekend: DUNKIRK ($2.7M) and THE EMOJI MOVIE ($2.2M) both topped THE DARK TOWER ($2M) on Monday.
8-)
I'm suprised emoji is beating Dark tower with those numbers
Last edited by NotoriousWolf on August 8th, 2017, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotoriousWolf wrote:
natalie wrote:
8-)
I'm suprised emoji is beating Daek tower with those numbers
Kids still home for summer for at least one more week. Probably had traveling plans during the weekend and such.

I would like to see Nolan deliver another 1 Billion Box Office in his next...He has given 2 movies which has grossed 1 Billion as on date i.e. Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises..Inception came very close to it...Around 850 Million..

Is it possible to deliver 1 Billion again? To Achieve this what Kind of Genre he should do?

Bond, James Bond

How many originals have achieved 1B? 5, 3 animation movies and the last two Cameron movies. Im a firm believer that if Inception (released in the midst of 3d-craziness) was released in 3d and with a China release it could have become the third biggest of all time (box office dollars). Right now with a strong dollar things are harder. Even Interatellar released with 3d and more normal rates probably would earned close to 800-900. Right now I only expect a 1B return with a very hot property in his hands (Bond...)