Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Panapaok wrote:Admiral Bertram Ramsay was the person responsible for the Dunkirk evacuation and I'm thinking he might be the one that Kenneth Branagh is portraying.
Actually, Ramsay was never in Dunkirk...:
As Vice-Admiral Dover, he was responsible for the Dunkirk evacuation, codenamed Operation Dynamo. Working from the underground tunnels beneath Dover Castle, he and his staff worked for nine days straight to rescue troops trapped in France by the German forces.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertram_Ramsay)

He could be playing captain William Tennant though:
On 26 May 1940, Captain Tennant was dispatched on board the destroyer HMS Wolfhound to Dunkirk to aid in the evacuation of more than 300,000 British and French troops left stranded when France fell to the Nazis. Tennant's task was to organize the men and get them onto the ships waiting to take them. Tennant stayed right up until the last ships left on 2 June, patrolling the beaches of Dunkirk with a megaphone searching for British troops.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_T ... y_officer))

Nolan has never(?) portrayed real or historical figures in his films before and I don't think he will this time either, but some of the central characters will probably be inspired by such figures as those mentioned above.

prowlercomesaround wrote:Nolan has never(?) portrayed real or historical figures in his films before and I don't think he will this time either, but some of the central characters will probably be inspired by such figures as those mentioned above.

DHOPW42 wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:Nolan has never(?) portrayed real or historical figures in his films before and I don't think he will this time either, but some of the central characters will probably be inspired by such figures as those mentioned above.
Fuck, forgot about Tesla! Sorry. But still I don't think that like Winston Churchill will be in this.

prowlercomesaround wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:
Fuck, forgot about Tesla! Sorry. But still I don't think that like Winston Churchill will be in this.
Maybe not Churchill but some of the generals that were important to the story could be portrayed. Especially since he's cast Branagh and Rylance.

Bowie was so good as Tesla.

I love the coverage of this shooting so far. Hoping to avoid major spoilers, though it's extremely hard not to look at these photos :D

Has Nolan gone insane? :o