Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Ruth wrote:
emm17 wrote:Can't y'all read? It's not one harmless joke. It's one after another after another. We just want to discuss the film and our favourite member of the cast, and we get constantly mocked because of it. It's exhausting.

Like Nik said, just delete my account. I have no interest in discussing anything with any of you. I'll find another niche to discuss the film.

Jesus, people that hate Nolan fans are absolutely right. Shame on me for giving you a shot. Y'all are snobby little people with no life.
lmao are you really going to compare NF to the reputation your fandom has? Please. No one's forcing you to delete your acc, you can just stop visiting. People here do act like dickheads quite often, but no one's grabbing their pitchforks for Harry ffs. You're not doing him or your fandom a favor by engaging in this nonsense. What you're doing is trying to prove your point on a 97% male forum with some circle jerk tendencies, the majority of whom also have a prejudice, maybe not against Harry personally, but against childish fan behavior, but what you're doing is just going to strengthen this type of thinking. Just this alone is tiring and quite pointless, I'm not even discussing whether your point is legit or not. Ignore and participate in the forum as you used to. If you don't want to, well okay, I guess?
I don't have a fandom. I'm not a fan of the band at all. I've bought ONE of their albums out of curiosity and lost it when I moved and didn't even care. I think they're good, from what I've heard of them, but they're not my kind of music at all. I'm unbothered by the criticism the fandom has. In all honesty, I hate it quite a lot too so, cheers! we agree.

I'm done with male prejudice in general. Full stop. I'm a sport journalist, and I've had to deal with it my whole life. It's grating. It gets to a point in which the smallest comment makes you snap. Guess this was mine. It's impossible to participate in the forum and ignore the snide comments all the time. Why should I? So people don't mock me? They do it already. So they don't have a prejudice? Nothing I do or say will ever change their minds.

I can guarantee you that they won't say it, but this fucking rant I gave will make at least a couple of people rethink their choices. They probably won't change their attitude because it's the only thing they know and they have to keep it up. But they'll be conscious of how ridiculous they are now. If I kept silent and lowered my head, I'd just be leaving these snobs continue to have a superiority complex. Ha. Good luck with that now.

Ps. I'm not from Texas. I'm from Narnia. What do you care.

emm17 wrote:
Ruth wrote:
emm17 wrote:Can't y'all read? It's not one harmless joke. It's one after another after another. We just want to discuss the film and our favourite member of the cast, and we get constantly mocked because of it. It's exhausting.

Like Nik said, just delete my account. I have no interest in discussing anything with any of you. I'll find another niche to discuss the film.

Jesus, people that hate Nolan fans are absolutely right. Shame on me for giving you a shot. Y'all are snobby little people with no life.
lmao are you really going to compare NF to the reputation your fandom has? Please. No one's forcing you to delete your acc, you can just stop visiting. People here do act like dickheads quite often, but no one's grabbing their pitchforks for Harry ffs. You're not doing him or your fandom a favor by engaging in this nonsense. What you're doing is trying to prove your point on a 97% male forum with some circle jerk tendencies, the majority of whom also have a prejudice, maybe not against Harry personally, but against childish fan behavior, but what you're doing is just going to strengthen this type of thinking. Just this alone is tiring and quite pointless, I'm not even discussing whether your point is legit or not. Ignore and participate in the forum as you used to. If you don't want to, well okay, I guess?
I don't have a fandom. I'm not a fan of the band at all. I've bought ONE of their albums out of curiosity and lost it when I moved and didn't even care. I think they're good, from what I've heard of them, but they're not my kind of music at all. I'm unbothered by the criticism the fandom has. In all honesty, I hate it quite a lot too so, cheers! we agree.

I'm done with male prejudice in general. Full stop. I'm a sport journalist, and I've had to deal with it my whole life. It's grating. It gets to a point in which the smallest comment makes you snap. Guess this was mine. It's impossible to participate in the forum and ignore the snide comments all the time. Why should I? So people don't mock me? They do it already. So they don't have a prejudice? Nothing I do or say will ever change their minds.

I can guarantee you that they won't say it, but this fucking rant I gave will make at least a couple of people rethink their choices. They probably won't change their attitude because it's the only thing they know and they have to keep it up. But they'll be conscious of how ridiculous they are now. If I kept silent and lowered my head, I'd just be leaving these snobs continue to have a superiority complex. Ha. Good luck with that now.

emm17 wrote:
Ruth wrote:

m4st4 wrote:Image

Will Harry Styles live to fight another day after such intense life threatening experience?
Like playing Lawrence of Arabia ?

emm17 wrote:I'm done with male prejudice in general. Full stop. I'm a sport journalist, and I've had to deal with it my whole life. It's grating. It gets to a point in which the smallest comment makes you snap. Guess this was mine. It's impossible to participate in the forum and ignore the snide comments all the time. Why should I? So people don't mock me? They do it already. So they don't have a prejudice? Nothing I do or say will ever change their minds.
But that's the point. Like... why bother then? Why waste your energy on this. I've been there for longer, so I like to think that I know the forum dynamics and what not, and I've had my fair share of arguments in the past, and this kind of topic is totally not worth it. Choosing to not take part in random bullshit or internet witch hunts doesn't mean you're lowering your head, just saying.

man

what

Okay guys this started with a simple dumb joke and now we have this bullshit. Cut the crap please.
And btw if you don't like us then don't visit, it's pretty simple

Thanks for defending us Emm. I plan to continue to post Dunkirk-relevant Harry-related information to this thread. Since there are threads for the other main-cast actors, Harry should have one too. Re clash of fandoms - I would like to point out that we admire Nolan. I'm very impressed with how hands-on he is, like showing Fionn how to climb a fence, going up on the chase copter with Hoytema, running along the beach with the IMAX and even being right over Hoytema's shoulder when filming an explosion. I'm also grateful that Nolan gave Harry this chance.

Ruth wrote:
emm17 wrote:I'm done with male prejudice in general. Full stop. I'm a sport journalist, and I've had to deal with it my whole life. It's grating. It gets to a point in which the smallest comment makes you snap. Guess this was mine. It's impossible to participate in the forum and ignore the snide comments all the time. Why should I? So people don't mock me? They do it already. So they don't have a prejudice? Nothing I do or say will ever change their minds.
But that's the point. Like... why bother then? Why waste your energy on this. I've been there for longer, so I like to think that I know the forum dynamics and what not, and I've had my fair share of arguments in the past, and this kind of topic is totally not worth it. Choosing to not take part in random bullshit or internet witch hunts doesn't mean you're lowering your head, just saying.
'Wasting my energy' sounds so dramatic. I work with my laptop as I'm a journalist. It takes me literally seconds to type a message. I'm letting out my frustration here because I have no roots here and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of me or what they say. Not complaining after being the object of derisive comments for months IS lowering your head. It's cool if you want to do it because you're interested in participating in the forum. It's probably not worth it for you. For me, it's liberating to say whatever the fuck I want and just tell it like it is, at least from my PoV. I barely get in the forum, while they were filming it was like... one a week. Now I got in because of Harry's interview, anticipating that the response would be this. Oh, surprise, I was right. That's it.
I have no reason to stay here. I've not gone to a cinema since January 2010 when I went to see Sherlock Holmes lmfao. I just wanted to defend Nik and Doormouse who have been contributing to the forum and actually seemed interested in the film and Nolan. And while I was at it I could let out some steem. It's done. I'm done. Continue with your normal programme of nothingness.

Yes, yes you do.
Now, can we get back to the enthralling conversations about what time Harry wakes up, how he takes his coffee, and other irrelevant information? Thank you.