Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
dormouse7 wrote:It gets tiresome to watch people mock everything Harry says or does. Real tiresome. When anyone else in the movie says anything about their experience acting in the movie, it is welcomed. But here, topical content was posted without embellishment, and was mocked.
Poor Harry! The kid has it so tough! Especially with all those rabid fangirls stalking him.

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:It gets tiresome to watch people mock everything Harry says or does. Real tiresome. When anyone else in the movie says anything about their experience acting in the movie, it is welcomed. But here, topical content was posted without embellishment, and was mocked.
Poor Harry! The kid has it so tough! Especially with all those rabid fangirls stalking him.
That actually probably sucks

Allstar wrote:
What's your issue, dude? The two fans that you're arguing with have contributed to this forum a lot, in various topics, not just about Harry. They're genuinely interested in the film and in Christopher Nolan and registered because of that. Harry was cast by Nolan. Was praised by everyone that was asked about it. The crew had nothing but kind words to say about him.
He gives an interview in which he praises the very person this forum is about and shares his experience while filming and there's an asshole criticising him for the sake of it. Why? Again, what's your issue?

Is it jealousy? Is it trying to act cool because fangirls like him, so you have to show that you're above him? It can't be lack of talent, because you've never seen him act. It can't be lack of experience because tons of actors in this cast are in the same position. It can't be lack of auditions because it was said time and again that he auditioned repeatedly. What? What is your issue? That he has stalkers? Newsflash: it's not his fault and none of his fans here stalk him. I can't think of any valid reason for you or anyone else to CONSTANTLY take the piss out of him and everything he does or says.

Dude, just CHILL. If this were the first time I'd seen something like this on this forum, I'd keep my mouth shut. But it's been months and every time Harry comes up in topic it's the same. It's tiresome. I happen to believe he's talented, that he's a decent singer, a good songwriter, an amazing performer, a charismatic guy and, over all, a very nice person (as it's been said by literally every single person that has ever crossed paths with him, celebrity or not). I want to follow his career, and wherever I go I find assholes like you.

I'm 27 years old. I'm tired of the tastes of women (especially young women) being belittled. It might be a dramatic reaction, but God... this is so frustrating.

Honest to God the purpose of this message is trying to understand what goes through your mind when you write messages like these. Why the constant need to diminish him as an artist and as a person and while you're at it, everyone who dares like him/be a fan of him. I seriously want to understand. You or any other snob here who thinks they're better than me, doormouse or Nik for mocking Harry instead of liking him, for taking the piss out of him or insulting him when he did literally nothing o warrant it.

That's all I want. I don't want you to apologise, stop, change, whatever. I want to UNDERSTAND why you think you're better or above him/his fans.

By the way: you're not.

Forum Pro
Law
emm17 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
What's your issue, dude? The two fans that you're arguing with have contributed to this forum a lot, in various topics, not just about Harry. They're genuinely interested in the film and in Christopher Nolan and registered because of that. Harry was cast by Nolan. Was praised by everyone that was asked about it. The crew had nothing but kind words to say about him.
He gives an interview in which he praises the very person this forum is about and shares his experience while filming and there's an asshole criticising him for the sake of it. Why? Again, what's your issue?

Is it jealousy? Is it trying to act cool because fangirls like him, so you have to show that you're above him? It can't be lack of talent, because you've never seen him act. It can't be lack of experience because tons of actors in this cast are in the same position. It can't be lack of auditions because it was said time and again that he auditioned repeatedly. What? What is your issue? That he has stalkers? Newsflash: it's not his fault and none of his fans here stalk him. I can't think of any valid reason for you or anyone else to CONSTANTLY take the piss out of him and everything he does or says.

Dude, just CHILL. If this were the first time I'd seen something like this on this forum, I'd keep my mouth shut. But it's been months and every time Harry comes up in topic it's the same. It's tiresome. I happen to believe he's talented, that he's a decent singer, a good songwriter, an amazing performer, a charismatic guy and, over all, a very nice person (as it's been said by literally every single person that has ever crossed paths with him, celebrity or not). I want to follow his career, and wherever I go I find assholes like you.

I'm 27 years old. I'm tired of the tastes of women (especially young women) being belittled. It might be a dramatic reaction, but God... this is so frustrating.

Honest to God the purpose of this message is trying to understand what goes through your mind when you write messages like these. Why the constant need to diminish him as an artist and as a person and while you're at it, everyone who dares like him/be a fan of him. I seriously want to understand. You or any other snob here who thinks they're better than me, doormouse or Nik for mocking Harry instead of liking him, for taking the piss out of him or insulting him when he did literally nothing o warrant it.

That's all I want. I don't want you to apologise, stop, change, whatever. I want to UNDERSTAND why you think you're better or above him/his fans.

emm17 wrote:
Allstar wrote:

Jeez, i was not expecting that.

ok ill bite, whose harry styles?

Havoc1st wrote: Image

Jeez, i was not expecting that.
Cool. For the record, I'm expecting being mocked and no reasons. Because there are none. At least not ones that aren't embarrassing.

Have a lovely day.

Just chill out, everyone

emm17 wrote:
Allstar wrote:

damn. dtf?

Oh boy... HS defense force in full swing. Hopefully he's alright and recovering as we speak.