Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
dormouse7 wrote:They could all still have lines left to re-record. Or maybe Aneurin just stayed to go to the soccer game with Jack and several other actors who are probably in the movie (see Set Photos thread where YFR3 named them). Maybe final filming is almost done for everyone and they stayed for an upcoming wrap party (I hope they have a wrap party).

It's going to take me a while to get back in music mode. Maybe Harry should wean us off this film excitement with a little episode of Scream Queens or something.
Okay I'm here for a wrap party (I want pics!) but Scream Queens? Never seen it but isn't it a teen drama? Seems a little backwards after just filming a Christopher Nolan movie!

I'm always in music mode! No matter how many movies he makes, StageHarry will always be my favorite.

Scream Queens is campy - it's a spoof of a teen/twenty-something horror movie but I think it takes place at a college. However, it would probably be better if Harry's acting debut was Dunkirk and not something campy.

I agree. I think filming a tv show and having that be his acting debut (as an adult) would be a bad move. He should just wait for Dunkirk to come out and worry about writing/recording for the next few months or take a break! He has worked almost the entire time they've been on hiatus, he needs to chill for a while before he burns out (I say this like I know him personally lol)

I hope he doesn't record. I want a solo album, of course, but promo season will start in what? June? That gives him less than eight months, counting his birthday and holidays, until he has to start working crazy again. I hope he just lays low and writes, maybe does something slow associated with fashion. He can start recording when promo season ends. His schedule during the last six years has been insane, and I'd hope he'd want to record quietly and without someone breathing down his neck for a change. The calendar of recording while on the road touring, then promoting, then back to touring and recording, wash, rinse, repeat is ridiculous.
He also needs a vocal coach ASAP, he's been straining his voice like crazy, his vocal chords will snap if he doesn't learn proper techniques soon. Don't get me wrong, I find his voice to be amazing, but he has no idea how to breathe properly, and he keeps belting out of his throat. It's really bad for him. I hope he gets that sorted before going back in.

Harry supposedly hired a vocal coach - Ron Anderson, same vocal coach as Adele. And he may already have some songs recorded. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Re taking a break, I don't think it's in his blood. Maybe 2 weeks tops of break and he'll be out doing something.

emm17 wrote:I hope he doesn't record. I want a solo album, of course, but promo season will start in what? June? That gives him less than eight months, counting his birthday and holidays, until he has to start working crazy again. I hope he just lays low and writes, maybe does something slow associated with fashion. He can start recording when promo season ends. His schedule during the last six years has been insane, and I'd hope he'd want to record quietly and without someone breathing down his neck for a change. The calendar of recording while on the road touring, then promoting, then back to touring and recording, wash, rinse, repeat is ridiculous.
He also needs a vocal coach ASAP, he's been straining his voice like crazy, his vocal chords will snap if he doesn't learn proper techniques soon. Don't get me wrong, I find his voice to be amazing, but he has no idea how to breathe properly, and he keeps belting out of his throat. It's really bad for him. I hope he gets that sorted before going back in.
I also wish he would rest a while but I don't think he will. Yeah, they were pushed too hard for the last six years but I think it instilled a strong work ethic in him and he probably feels comfortable at that pace now. He has several songs registered already and I read that he has at least 20 others written.. it wouldn't surprise me at all if he dropped his album before the movie comes out.
I know what you mean about his vocals. I noticed it towards the end of the year during live performances of Infinity, especially. Like Dormouse said though, he's been working with Ron (since January, I think) Hopefully he has continued vocal training while filming.
Last edited by Nik82 on August 29th, 2016, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No offence, genuinely, but I think there's some confusion here between a thread about Harry Styles in Dunkirk and a thread about Harry Styles. I know filming is almost done for everyone and the news are slow but still. His involvement in the film seems to have been going well so far and it would be great to keep a thread where we focus on that aspect alone, no matter how slow the news are. I would hope that the admins agree. Thank you.

Imagine a Harry Styles fan site within our church. A monster has been created.

MyCocaine wrote:Imagine a Harry Styles fan site within our church. A monster has been created.
We were simply discussing his options now that filming has wrapped but I do see 'Manal10's point. I'll keep it Dunkirk related from now on. ;)

Apparently Cillian was asked about Harry again. I don't think it's necessary to question him about Harry when he's doing press for another movie but I appreciate that he's always so nice about it.
‘He’ll be terrific’: Cillian Murphy sings the praises of Dunkirk co-star Harry Styles.

Speaking to the Radio Times, the 40 year-old revealed that his Dunkirk co-star is ‘terrific’ in the new production, which will prove his ability.

‘Harry Styles is great,’ he enthuses of the One Direction frontman who makes his break for boyband freedom with his first real acting gig.

‘I had very few scenes with Harry but we got to hang out and I’ve got to say he’s a great, great kid, and really, really funny. Above all, Chris Nolan [the director] knows talent and would have cast Harry for a reason.’

‘There’s a long history of musicians moving over into acting and I come from that world myself, so I’m sure he’ll be terrific in the role. I trust Chris implicitly in that.’

He’s also revealed that the project’s production values will make it the perfect choice for Harry’s debut. ‘With the way Chris is shooting, all on IMAX 65mm cameras and in the real locations, it should be pretty powerful.
That last part makes me even more excited to see this movie!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... debut.html