Teaser/Trailer#1

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
lcbaseball22 wrote:Hopefully it's neither; I get more of a Hitchcock vibe, though that may just be from the ticking, otherwise it wouldn't have quite the same heart-pounding suspense feeling I suppose. :P Hmm, well I'm intrigued. I don't think that it warranted 50+ pages of non-sense discussion and war isn't exactly the genre I would have voted for the next Nolan film, but hell I'll see anything this legend in the making puts out. :gonf:
It is both Lean and Hitchcock inspired.

Don't have time to comment much because I'm on my way out, but-- My goodness, if there's anybody that earns the word epic, it's Nolan. Love the huge frames, love the tone.

dormouse7 wrote: I still think it could be Harry based on the hip length jacket and the costumer saying Tom had a bomber jacket. Guess we'll have to wait a year to find out. Or until I get a huge 4K TV.
It looks like the guy is wearing the dark red leather jerkin above the standard issue jacket, some extras had these. There are no shoulder straps either hence why he can remove his gear so easily.
I think Harry has a scottish jacket.

I just watched closely with the 4K video, I can't see me anywhere. :( Gonna have to wait for the next trailer.

With people complaining about the acting of the extras, and knowing Nolan's propensity for realism on set, I'm surprised he didn't have a plane actually dive-bomb the extras.

Most, if not all of Nolan's teasers have started with the first frame being something important to the story.

I'm assuming that in this trailer it's wind. Could be wrong, but he has done this kind of hint before so who knows.

Pknolan wrote:Most, if not all of Nolan's teasers have started with the first frame being something important to the story.

I'm assuming that in this trailer it's wind. Could be wrong, but he has done this kind of hint before so who knows.
They'll use wind to defeat the Germans

Bravo Nolan!

ChristNolan wrote:
Pknolan wrote:Most, if not all of Nolan's teasers have started with the first frame being something important to the story.

They'll use wind to defeat the Germans

Bravo Nolan!
There you go!

If this had a different directors, you all would be saying the teaser sucks. Im a bigg Nolan fan but seriously this teaser was really meh. Expecting abuse in 5 4 3 2 1

mnasyriq wrote:If this had a different directors, you all would be saying the teaser sucks. Im a bigg Nolan fan but seriously this teaser was really meh. Expecting abuse in 5 4 3 2 1
What was meh about it? If anything, it's unique in a world where over exposure rules and we get full length trailers spoiling the entire film labeled as "teasers".

It begins.